Sundown Audio

will my aq 2200d be too much at 1 ohm ?

Fatman489

I couldn't get any input in the electrical section so I'm gonna ask here .. I just ordered a 2200d and wanted to know if my current electrical is enough and also if my planned upgrades will be if my current setup isn't

Currently :

Mechman 240amp

XS d5100r under hood

Knuconcepts ofc 1/0 for my charge wire to the underhood batt aswell as a direct ground to alternator case ( the battery is still grounded to chassis with 1/0 and engine grounds are upgraded to knuconcepts 4 or 1/0 aswell)

1 run of ofc knuconcepts 1/0 ( both pos and neg )

Planned near future upgrades:

Another run of knuconcepts ofc 1/0 to rear

And if it comes out in time I'm heavily considering a xs d7500

If its not available when the time comes I will probably get 2 d3100s instead

So what you think ? Good enough or need moar!!! Lol ... Thanks fellas

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

You should be perfectly fine. I've got a BC2000d on my stock 136 amp alt with just my big three done and an XS D2700 under the hood. I drop to low 12's, which isn't good, but with nearly twice the output from your alternator, it shouldn't be bad at all.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Awesome .. I have a cheap volt meter I'm gonna install aswell so I can keep an eye on it, hopefully I can manage to make my new box and get the wiring and extra battery next month ... These quarterly taxes are killing me right now lol ... But atleast I only need more black 1/0 ... Still got more than enough blue lol ... Thanks buddy ... Now I'm even more excited to get the 2200 in since it should be ok on what I have for another month or two at most :)

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

You will be fine. Especially with a mechman alt and Xs power batt

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

So do you guys think it would even be worth adding a second battery ? ... I don't mind spending the money but would rather spend it elsewhere if it isn't needed ya know, there's no real plans to go any bigger, I may switch my aura Mr675 6 channel to something else (zed audio leviathan III possibly) but I know I won't go any bigger on the sub stage in my civic, 2000rms is plenty big enough for it gonna do bigger in a Yukon XL if I ever find one I want to buy lol

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

I'd go with a second 5100 and call it a day. No need for two 3100's or a 7500. But if you want to add those, it wont hurt, and you'll already have the batteries to go bigger.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Sweet .. ill throw a second battery in there and roll then ... Then I can get a set of arc audio black 6.3s and a zed amp, then the civics system will be done ... Then I can start gathering my new suspension and k series motor swap parts ... Thanks again for all the help you guys

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

I hope so .. I read a review on them that just really sold me on them, I've never heard anything of arcs but I'm extremely bored and tired of big box brand stuff .. I want the people in my area to ask about my system then look clueless when I tell em what it consists of lol .. the ones who know what it is are few and far between in the crowd I hang around lol .. plus I've had much better luck per dollar with non big box brands lately lol

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

Ran mine half ohm on stock alt, big 3, and 4 tiny xs power batts

Normally i would hold above 13v. Never seen below 12.8

You will be more than fine

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Archived