Does shielding in RCA's do anything?

Or should I just stick with my cheap rca's and try to run them as far from power wires as possible?

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

It's ur call. I'm a believer that better quality RCA shielding reduces ur chances of alt wine, or whatever.

But I have friends and older systems where Walmart RCA's were just fine.

I do notice a bit of alternator wine, but I am using REALLY cheap RCA's and it's hard to route power completely away from the RCA's and speaker wires so i figured I would try out some better RCA's before doing some drastic wire placement

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

I run the monster RCA's which I like but they grab the RCA terminals super damn hard, they even ripped an RCA terminal off my amp.

I like the kicker RCA the best series they make I think it's the X series. They kick ass

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

I run the monster RCA's which I like but they grab the RCA terminals super damn hard, they even ripped an RCA terminal off my amp.

As you pull on the RCA, slightly rotate it. I run Knu Karma SS lol

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

As you pull on the RCA, slightly rotate it. I run Knu Karma SS lol

So that's the trick....lol thanks ill do that next time bc those RCA's are ridiculously solid. You need pliers to remove them

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

I haven't had a problem with cheap RCA's, but i have noticed a reasonable increase in SQ from higher quality RCA's. When i swapped to KNU's, it was louder and more clear without having to adjust gains. I use a DD-1

Archived