Sonic Electronix

Just wondering if I can run a 16 or 18 guage wire from my postive of my battery and put a switch in the middle located at the dash and have it run to your remote turn on to your amp. My headunit is having problems with the remote no turning on sometimes and im wondering if i could do that. I just dont want ot many amps or volts going to my remote and messing up the amp.

that would work then its a true "switched" on/off, you could also find a wire that is only hot while the key is on and tap into it as well

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

that would work then its a true "switched" on/off, you could also find a wire that is only hot while the key is on and tap into it as well

I just dont want the power comeing from the batt to be too much for the amp and burn something out. I think it would be pretty cool to be albe to turn on the sub amp and vocals amp with a flip of a switch to each.

or you can also locate the fuse of the radio on the fuse box and get it from there

and then not put out enough amperage to your radio. granted it takes only a few milliamps to turn an amp on.

if you do run a wire straight from the battery, make it AT LEAST 12 gauge. and you CANT FORGET to turn it off when you turn your vehicle off, or you'll have a dead battery.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

and then not put out enough amperage to your radio. granted it takes only a few milliamps to turn an amp on.

if you do run a wire straight from the battery, make it AT LEAST 12 gauge. and you CANT FORGET to turn it off when you turn your vehicle off, or you'll have a dead battery.

I know thats a must. Im getting 2 that glow when they are turned on and it will sure have my attention. Why use at least 12 guage? Shouldent larger the wire allow more current and then do more damage to the amp possibly?