Do I Really Need A High Out Put Alternator

Well I have a Kicker Zx1500.1 running 2 ohms to a kicker L7 d4 15" and 2-Kicker Zx200.2 Bridged into 4 ohms to a set of Polk MM6500. A Stock 90 amp Alernator and a Diehard under the hood and a Kintek 800 in the rear and a Sound steam 6 farad cap. This is a daily driver and only does show every blue moonn. Also I have done the big 3 and run 1/0 ga wire from front to rear, 4ga to the Zx15000.1 and 8 ga to the Zx200.2.

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

what voltage do you hold full tilt? or just regular play? if it drops way low on just daily driveing play then i would try to upgrade if you can afford to do so , it will never hurt haveing a bigger alt than factory

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

what voltage do you hold full tilt? or just regular play? if it drops way low on just daily driveing play then i would try to upgrade if you can afford to do so , it will never hurt haveing a bigger alt than factory

Agree along with the Big 3, Better front battery and maybe a second battery

I would only get one if your having problems with your current setup. Make the most with what you have, Ive 4krms in my car and i have a stock 80amp alt that is doing fine with the help of an extra battery in the back. however this is mainly for daily driving and i dont have it at full tilt when im driving around .. for the most part. Exhaust all your options before upgrading your alt...

Too Much Stuff to list .

yea, it don't hurt to upgrade it, i just install a mean green alternator and a yellow top in my 2000 nissan xterra, and iam pushin way over 5000watts, and it runs fine, usual a new high power alternator and a fresh battery like a yellow top does the trick. though iam having to buy another yellow top.

I got everything wired up and gave the system a pretty hard test. The amp draw never went over 70 and the voltage never dropped below 13.3. So i'm good right? Thats at 3/4 volume playing Webbie's Bad Bitch

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

sounds pretty damn good to me!

now test it with your lights and defrost on and see how much the lights dim....

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived