ambrizd528 Posted November 27, 2012 Report Posted November 27, 2012 I'm having this problem in my wife's g6 all of her mids keep Turning off, but bass keeps going. I have alpine 300.4 powering 4 kicker ss 6.5s the amp does not go into protect nor does it shut off voltage stays above 13.4 at full tilt. Sub stage is 500 watt alpine pushing sundown sa-12 running at 2ohm. I tried searching the forums before I post topics as most system related problems are usually discussed but not too many had my set up. Only thing I can think of is maybe loose wiring or crossover problem or recently bad ground in head unit. They don't shut off right away maybe after a couple songs at full volume when bass hits. running pioneer avh 4400 full volume I say is 17-18 I think they go to 35 or something both amps set to nominal dd-1 should be here tomorrow. 2004 Escalade Ext Pioneer avh8400 Kicker ix500.4 Kicker ix1000.1 Kicker hyperflex 0+4 awg Sundown X-15 Sundown Sa-6.5c x2 KnuKonceptz 4 channel Rca Rockford Fosgate 2 channel Rca SkyHighCarAudio 14awg speaker wire Build Log
Omega5002 Posted November 27, 2012 Report Posted November 27, 2012 Reconnect all the wires 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Truconcept Posted November 27, 2012 Report Posted November 27, 2012 first thing i would do is check the remote to the mid amp damn remotes always mess with me **actin bad like a kid at six flags**
ambrizd528 Posted November 27, 2012 Author Report Posted November 27, 2012 I'll redo the connections when I install the sound damp I bought taking those door panels off and on is a pain compared to my truck. I did redo the remote wire I had it going to the sub amp then the mids now it goes to the mids amp then subs 2004 Escalade Ext Pioneer avh8400 Kicker ix500.4 Kicker ix1000.1 Kicker hyperflex 0+4 awg Sundown X-15 Sundown Sa-6.5c x2 KnuKonceptz 4 channel Rca Rockford Fosgate 2 channel Rca SkyHighCarAudio 14awg speaker wire Build Log
audiofanaticz Posted November 27, 2012 Report Posted November 27, 2012 most likely there is a "tweeter protection" circuit in the crossovers for the components, once too much power is giving for too long, or the protection circuit gets to a certain temperature it will cut the tweeters off, until it has cooled, or the volume is turned down to accommodate safe wattage going to the tweeters, which then they start working again. There also maybe a similar protection circuit on the mids in the crossover too, not sure, never seen the inside guts of those components to know. Chances are, if you are powering them with an amp that will give the components their rated rms power handling, or even less than rated power and your continuously having issues with it triggering the protect circuit(s), you are more then likely clipping the amp, which is than putting out some DC Voltage instead of AC Voltage like an unclipped amplifier would do, and is triggering the protect circuit prematurely to prevent damage to the speakers.
scoobywrx05 Posted November 27, 2012 Report Posted November 27, 2012 most likely there is a "tweeter protection" circuit in the crossovers for the components, once too much power is giving for too long, or the protection circuit gets to a certain temperature it will cut the tweeters off, until it has cooled, or the volume is turned down to accommodate safe wattage going to the tweeters, which then they start working again. There also maybe a similar protection circuit on the mids in the crossover too, not sure, never seen the inside guts of those components to know. Chances are, if you are powering them with an amp that will give the components their rated rms power handling, or even less than rated power and your continuously having issues with it triggering the protect circuit(s), you are more then likely clipping the amp, which is than putting out some DC Voltage instead of AC Voltage like an unclipped amplifier would do, and is triggering the protect circuit prematurely to prevent damage to the speakers. My thoughts exactly.
ambrizd528 Posted November 27, 2012 Author Report Posted November 27, 2012 Thanks for the reply hopefully I'm not clipping them, I will see with the dd-1 if how I have it set up now the signal is distorted. Amp is rated 50watts per channel 4 ohm mids are rated at 90 or 100 so underpowering and maybe clipping. 2004 Escalade Ext Pioneer avh8400 Kicker ix500.4 Kicker ix1000.1 Kicker hyperflex 0+4 awg Sundown X-15 Sundown Sa-6.5c x2 KnuKonceptz 4 channel Rca Rockford Fosgate 2 channel Rca SkyHighCarAudio 14awg speaker wire Build Log
audiofanaticz Posted November 27, 2012 Report Posted November 27, 2012 under powering the speakers wont hurt them if the amp is set properly. properly meaning, the amp not distorting or clipping. If under powering speakers would blow speakers, then speakers would be blowing every time you have the volume turned down, which that never happens. Speakers blow when they are underpowered when the user thinks they are not loud enough when they are under powered, and turns the gain up, which is when you bring distortion and clipping into the mix which is harmful to the speakers and this is when the protect circuit on the crossovers see the clipping as an overload.
Miguels Posted November 27, 2012 Report Posted November 27, 2012 same happens to mine.. what i found is that one tweeter blew on me making my ohm change from 2 ohms on one channel and 4 ohms on another making the amp not send signal to mids and highs at a certain volume or loudness.. the crescendo tweeters are loud and did not know one was blown.. the fix was disconnecting the other other one and matching the ohm load on the amp. i then test it full tilt and never shut off on me again.. time for me to recone the tweeters my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
ambrizd528 Posted November 27, 2012 Author Report Posted November 27, 2012 I set the gain to nominal but maybe distorting the signal still. I'll have to check the tweeters too I think one might be blown, the dd-1 should be here today I find out and post results. Thanks for the help guys 2004 Escalade Ext Pioneer avh8400 Kicker ix500.4 Kicker ix1000.1 Kicker hyperflex 0+4 awg Sundown X-15 Sundown Sa-6.5c x2 KnuKonceptz 4 channel Rca Rockford Fosgate 2 channel Rca SkyHighCarAudio 14awg speaker wire Build Log
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.