Running two sets of components

Nate197

yea they get pretty loud , i dont think you can run it they way I did with this HU..

I didnt really like the way it sounded when I was using the crossovers cause I didnt have too much control on the tweeters (mids could play louder but I couldnt go

higher on the volume cause i would dmg the tweeters...

and yea obviously t600 will get louder than t400...

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

The T600-4 would give better results than the T400-4 interms of powering those comps. on passive crossovers.

I might get two T600-4's instead of the T400-4's, but i know the fosgate amps are always underrated and I dont want to go over the rms ratings since this is the first time ive worked with component sets.

Amplifier headroom is a blessing, the set is bi-ampable so you can set the gain appropriately for tweeter and mid separately.

The T600-4 would give better results than the T400-4 interms of powering those comps. on passive crossovers.

I might get two T600-4's instead of the T400-4's, but i know the fosgate amps are always underrated and I dont want to go over the rms ratings since this is the first time ive worked with component sets.

Amplifier headroom is a blessing, the set is bi-ampable so you can set the gain appropriately for tweeter and mid separately.

you right .. forgot about that..

u just have to open the crossover and switch on bi-amp..

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

I never checked my component set (T1652-S), is the final impedance, after using the crossovers to one amp, 4 ohms? (Since both speakers are 4 ohm, it's a little confusing). I'm running mine with a T600-4 and it's loud! But then again, I only have 2 P2 12s. Also, how do you like the SP4 18s? I've been looking around lately.

'98 Chrysler Concorde LXi
Pioneer DEH-80PRS (HU/processing)
Rockford Fosgate T1652-S (components) for front
Rockford Fosgate T1693 (6x9s) for rear
Rockford Fosgate T600-4 running those
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP running a

Rockford Fosgate T1D215 15"
in a 3.1 cu ft. net tuned to 34 hz (firing in cabin)
Kicker PKD1 (0 & 4 AWG)
stock 130 amp alt for now; One yellow top Optima
Installed everything myself & built box (brother helped)

Used a DD-1 to set gains.

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165894-first-build-accumulated-since-i-was-14/

Just Pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1463-chrysler-concorde-lxi/?tab=images

I never checked my component set (T1652-S), is the final impedance, after using the crossovers to one amp, 4 ohms? (Since both speakers are 4 ohm, it's a little confusing). I'm running mine with a T600-4 and it's loud! But then again, I only have 2 P2 12s. Also, how do you like the SP4 18s? I've been looking around lately.

That's a good question, I have never checked it my self.

I actually was wondering about that myself the other day, and I found that it does, in fact, stay at a 4 ohm impedance. The crossover has a way of making the amp see 4 ohms, even when both drivers are 4 ohms.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

I actually was wondering about that myself the other day, and I found that it does, in fact, stay at a 4 ohm impedance. The crossover has a way of making the amp see 4 ohms, even when both drivers are 4 ohms.

Cool, bro thanks, I'll have to read up on that.

I haven't started my build for them, but I like Fi car audio and I was looking for something loud without compromising sound quality. I will put up pics when I finish.

Archived