Nate197 Posted November 28, 2012 Report Posted November 28, 2012 How do most people power component sets... 2 channel amps, 4 channel amps, do they use all four channels up front front and rear channels or does that fuck up the sound. I am going to be running two component sets and was going to use one amp for my mids (4 6.5s) and one for my highs. I have two sets of the Rockford Fosgate T2652-s (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22595_Rockford-Fosgate-T2652-S.html) My question is if I run two four channel amps (I was thinking about running two T400-4 at 4 ohms each http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9102_Rockford-Fosgate-Power-T400-4-Black-Box.html) does it matter if I use the rear channels up front. I was going to have 2 6.5s and two tweeters on each door. I have never used component sets and not sure if this way is the best way to hook them up. Thanks
ric006 Posted November 28, 2012 Report Posted November 28, 2012 u can use one of the amps for front and one for rear or left and right its however you set it up to be and yes the amp will be good for the speakers
White Lightning Posted November 28, 2012 Report Posted November 28, 2012 Why do you need 2 component sets ?? Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Nate197 Posted November 28, 2012 Author Report Posted November 28, 2012 I have two fi sp4 18's. Last time I had 2 btls and 4 6x8s and I couldnt hear any highs lol.
Nate197 Posted November 28, 2012 Author Report Posted November 28, 2012 u can use one of the amps for front and one for rear or left and right its however you set it up to be and yes the amp will be good for the speakers I want to use one for the tweeters and one for the mids all up front. How do I do this if the amp is four channels and two are for the front and two are for the rear?
mikeg321 Posted November 28, 2012 Report Posted November 28, 2012 It doesn't matter what you use the channels for, you don't have to use the front channels for front speakers and rear for rears. Use the front 2 for your driver side mids and use the rear 2 for your passenger side. 4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's 2 Crescendo bc5500s Crescendo c1100.4 6 focal mids Vifa tweets 5 XS Power d3100's Pioneer avh-p4200dvd All crammed into a mustang. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/
OrzechNJ Posted November 28, 2012 Report Posted November 28, 2012 whats ur HU? I run 2 sets of t2562.. since yesterday lol.. I run 2 tweeters per each front channel and 2 mids per each rear channel on T600-4 with DEH-80prs HU active.. still need a lot of tune up but sounds good for now sometimes Loud is NOT pretty Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.
Nate197 Posted November 28, 2012 Author Report Posted November 28, 2012 It doesn't matter what you use the channels for, you don't have to use the front channels for front speakers and rear for rears. Use the front 2 for your driver side mids and use the rear 2 for your passenger side. Ok thanks that seems easy. I was overthinking this lol whats ur HU? I run 2 sets of t2562.. since yesterday lol.. I run 2 tweeters per each front channel and 2 mids per each rear channel on T600-4 with DEH-80prs HU active.. still need a lot of tune up but sounds good for now I hear these components are pretty loud. My HU is a Alpine 124-sxm.
Sonic Posted November 28, 2012 Report Posted November 28, 2012 The T600-4 would give better results than the T400-4 interms of powering those comps. on passive crossovers.
Nate197 Posted November 28, 2012 Author Report Posted November 28, 2012 The T600-4 would give better results than the T400-4 interms of powering those comps. on passive crossovers. I might get two T600-4's instead of the T400-4's, but i know the fosgate amps are always underrated and I dont want to go over the rms ratings since this is the first time ive worked with component sets.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.