Loud & Low 8th Gen Civic - Time to say good bye to her.

Thanks Buddy.

I haven't forgotten about your tool. Well actually I did until this weekend I looked at it and said SHIT I have to get that back to him. I'll have it back in the mail to you tomorrow. Can you pm me your address again, so I can make sure I have the right one please?

Also thanks big time for letting me use it. It's much appreciated. I really need to get one of my own.

No problem man, its been a brutal winter this year and its finally starting to warm up. Pm incoming.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

No need if you want to soften them up just throw them in a box and play them for a while to loosen the new ones up but it would be a pure waste of money to recone 2 working subs just to have 4 new ones. Even if you put them all in at the same time they will all play fine you will just notice the change in sound when the other 2 fully loosen up.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

No need to recone the ones you have just get 2 more. Should work out beautifully and sound amazing. Under power them for now then over power them later lol. I love that truck and have been waiting to see you do something to it for the longest but before you do you should bring the Civic to Reno next weekend I will be in Vegas from the 12-16 then in Reno from the 16 to the 20. Let me hear the sucker before you tear it down and make me cry. No more loud civics :cray:now all hope is left in Adams hands to have a loud Civic. :WTFBubble:

Damn it we're all doomed!!

We aren't doomed :peepwall:

Looking forward to your new build

My Build Log

95 Honda Accord

Nook HD+ tablet

Team Ascendant Audio 18"

2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D

Crescendo Audio C1100.4

2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500

Build log

Thanks guys. I guess in the end that makes sense that they'll all even out. I'm getting excited about this. I need to sit down and chart out what I have and what I need and get the old truck box out and get started. I'm not gonna lie I'm still nervous about cutting her up, but I think it's the best way to get big in there. Funny how such a big truck, and a big cab, can have no space! LOL

I really need to learn to weld. Maybe this is the best time to learn.

Thanks basshead!

Spend a week researching how to weld, and I'm sure you'll be great.

I taught myself, and you seem to have a good sense of skill work, so I expect you can do the same.

In this application, the welds don't have to be perfect, so you have room to learn as you go.

Best way. Find a box of scrap metal and start playing.

Feel free to come to here for tips and tricks

Yes I have a lot of stereo weight. I build for Smiles Per Gallon not Miles Per Gallon LOLZ

My build - 1996 4Runner with 2 18s - 149+ in a sealed box (with radiators)

0a4ee87c-28c8-4bf8-9dfe-5a06b9dea2dc_zps

3e3eb9dd-70f8-4424-ad11-ccebcd929ac4_zps

I'm getting excited about this. I need to sit down and chart out what I have and what I need and get the old truck box out and get started. I'm not gonna lie I'm still nervous about cutting her up, but I think it's the best way to get big in there. Funny how such a big truck, and a big cab, can have no space! LOL

Ahem...yeah not easy trying to get loud in a truck unless you dip into the bed space! or start delete seats like I did haha.

I know most people consider trucks big but honestly the cabs have less space than alot of car out there, the cabs are bigger than most but usually get more head roomand usually a little wider cabs and cars get more leg room(typically)..... cars get the benefit of a trunk for places to pack all your audio into and trucks get....behind the back seat, under the seats...as I said before untill "you dip into bed space or deleting seats." Then that is a completely different story!

I guess what all that rant means is...yeah, seems like alot of room...but there really isn't..you want to go big gotta make sacrifices...that applies to all vehicle makes lol!

btw I am in no way dissing on cars or trying to say truck builds are tougher or that I know what it means to sacrifice..hope no one took that as what I was trying to get at :)

Gonna be sick scooter! Love what you did to the truck soo far! Keep it up!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Thanks guys.

Ross, yeah that's what I was thinking too. I'm gonna check out harbor freight and see about a welder and some cheap gear. I know probably should get better than that, but I don't wanna fork out a grand on good stuff if I'm no good at it. I have confidence in my learning abilities so I don't think that will be the case, but I don't know. So I'll look into it. I have a lot of things I'd love to make on my own that require welding. A bumper for one, I know HUGE project, but how fun would it be to be able to do it huh!

Vibez I don't think anyone would take that wrong. I get what you're saying, which is why I decided to just go for the blow through. I'm sure mama won't be happy about it. But it should be fun!

Sweet.

Keeps us posted on the welding. :good:

I wanted to pick up one of those HF welders myself, there's only so much you can do with wood pieces.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Archived