Loud & Low 8th Gen Civic - Time to say good bye to her.

Sorry to go off topic a bit here but its weird people have these grounding issues with pioneer headunits. That's all i've ever ran in my vehicles and the only difference i notice is that the internal amplifier loses output at the RCAs. Now that i said that my current Pioneer is gonna crap out on me lol. Hope you can figure it out

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Say it ain't so another pioneer head unit that introduces noise.

Well despite what everyone says, this is the first unit I've ever had noise issues with and I've been a pioneer guy for a long time. Matter of fact, the 2 Alpine units I had, I had noise issues with.

^^^haha

You grounding the head unit only through the wiring harness, or do you have a supplemental ground as well?

It's in the wiring harness. I admittedly need to clean things up back there now. I kind of messed with a lot of it when the issues with the 360 power came up. So I'll probably get in there this weekend and get it all neat and tidy. Or like I said, just say eff it and do the tablet. Then the head unit won't matter, cause it won't be there. The only thing I need to figure out on the tablet, is how I can power up the converter. I don't know if I'm able to just run it to straight 12v or not. I doubt it. Otherwise, I just need to make a mount for the tablet, which I have figured out, and then plug the car charger port back in and run hdmi out of the tablet into the converter, and then I can run optical from the converter to the 360.

Sorry to go off topic a bit here but its weird people have these grounding issues with pioneer headunits. That's all i've ever ran in my vehicles and the only difference i notice is that the internal amplifier loses output at the RCAs. Now that i said that my current Pioneer is gonna crap out on me lol. Hope you can figure it out

I had that happen to one of my cheapo units, its actually in my truck now. The sub outputs just shit out on me one day.

There are more issues with pioneers that I see than any other brand. The stupid pico fusing and all the other crap they do. Do they have nice units. I guess so. It just seems every time you hear someone say they have alternator noise it's a pioneer head unit.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Honestly don't remember now. LOL

I can do the tablet with this head unit via bluetooth, or even do bluetooth on the 360. But I think a hardwired optical signal will be better. No chances of the dropped signal between the two, which I've heard the 360 has issues with.

Honestly don't remember now. LOL

I can do the tablet with this head unit via bluetooth, or even do bluetooth on the 360. But I think a hardwired optical signal will be better. No chances of the dropped signal between the two, which I've heard the 360 has issues with.

Most converters run at 5V im guessing. What I did for my tablet is simply run an accessory outlet back behind my dash, got a nice diesel 2.1 amp charger, shorted out the white and green wires causing the tablet to see it as an AC charger and not a USB charger. I do this to all my chargers. Basically, the kernel of devices knows whether you are charging with a USB outlet or an AC outlet depending on the internal wire structure of the charger. Thus, it will only pull a certain amount of amps as to not damage the charger. Most standard car chargers aren't wired properly and will show the devices as charging (USB). By shorting the data wires, you will force the kernel of the device to see the charger as an AC charger and this pull a great deal more amps.

Granted, i'm running my tablet through bluetooth and it sounds fine but optical would be no doubt better. Does the Galaxy 8.0 have MHL capabilities?

2009 Nissan Maxima SV Super Black KH3
  • Hardwired Beltronics 955 Radar
  • Pioneer DEH-M9400BH with Stock Bose Speakers
  • Custom fiberglass HVAC display
  • Nexus 7 Tablet w/ Custom Fiberglassed Magnet dock
  • KnuKonceptz Big 3 and wiring
  • 2 Alpine Type E 10's with Alpine MRP-M500

Build Log HERE

Yeah that's one of the things I have to worry about, but my biggest concern is how to operate this thing: https://www.octavainc.com/HDMI%20distribution%20amp_splitter%202%20port.html I'm at work so obviously I don't have it with me, but I can give you the specs when I get home of what the plug numbers are, unless you can find it on there. I just didn't want to have to do a converter if I could avoid it.

Dude I'm very jealous you are able to optimize the optical port on the 360, such a better system! I just wish more head units would come equipped with them :( because with all my other audio stuff optical just sounds so much better!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Archived