Jump to content

Loud & Low 8th Gen Civic - Time to say good bye to her.


Recommended Posts

Posted

i was going to suggest an anti glare screen protector too. from what i've read, it scatters the light going onto the screen, which will of course in turn scatter the light coming FROM the screen. is it a noticeable difference? i don't know...i decided against it. when i finish mine i'll have to see if that's a route i'll need to take.

 

 

Posted

I had the same problem with my tablet, I tried about 4-5 different angles and I think I have the sweet spot now. Any chance for a anti glare screen protector?

i was going to suggest an anti glare screen protector too. from what i've read, it scatters the light going onto the screen, which will of course in turn scatter the light coming FROM the screen. is it a noticeable difference? i don't know...i decided against it. when i finish mine i'll have to see if that's a route i'll need to take.

Thanks guys, that was actually one of the first things I thought about. But it's almost so angled that I feel obligated to sit up straighter just to look at it. It's just too much angle. But I'm going to look at it some more before I scrap the whole thing. It's just not easy to do cause of the fact that this is my daily driver so I can just leave the dash off and drive around etc. But I may do it this weekend and see what I can feel about it.

If you tint the windshield with say 70 percent or even 50% wouldn't the glare go away?

The only problem with this, and I like the idea and was actually going to do it anyway down the road, is that the cops around the new city I'm moving to, are dicks! I'm already afraid of my windows being tinted up front. So this may not be the best thing. I've already been ticketed for my tail lights being tinted. I'm not happy about that going away.

I'll come up with something guys. I have the old dash piece that I cut out to do the first tablet install that i was going to have open and close. I also have the old pan that I fiberglassed to have the tablet fit into. I may, this weekend, put that piece in, and see where the tablet will sit nicely and revisit the open and close mechanism again.

It's going to be an interesting week. My house loan papers are finalized, and just waiting for seller approval. So we're going to be finishing the house purchase in the next day or so. We're going to have to be packing to move within the next couple weeks. SO things are going to probably get put on hold here soon until I get in the new house with the shop and everything else. It's not a huge shop, but it's something I can keep my tools in and work out of. I'm excited about it. If we do get the keys this week, this weekend will be shot for anything cause I have to go to the new house and build fences.

But on the other hand, this may give me and my mind a break on making this stuff work. I think I have too many ideas going through my head right now and I think it's complicating things.

it will all work out soon though. I appreciate everyone's support and ideas too! I always take it all into consideration.

BTW, I should have some packages this week! Can't wait! HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!!

Posted

Ok folks I made some purchases today!

1/0 ga Skyhighaudio cable

16 ga Skyhighaudio speaker wire

XS Power D4700 front battery

Only thing left to order at this point is the new sub! I have to wait for at least one more payment for the other subs to be able to do that, but as soon as that comes in I'll be ordering that as well.

Last thing aside of the sub I'm waiting on is the 4th order design from BHE.

Getting closer to having everything in hand.

Posted

Just got some goodies! Which was very much needed after the last few days of shit, I needed some uplift!

Car went in for a heater issue yesterday. Put it on the diagnostic and they found a burnt coil and what they thought was rust in the #2 chamber and on the plug. Heater issue was that it was a half gallon low. Don't know how that happened, cause I check it a lot, but it was. So that fixed the heater issue. They did a leak down test and found nothing. They replaced the coil and plug under warranty, and found that the rust wasn't rust it was discoloration from that chamber not working or being used. I don't understand it so don't ask me. They cleaned it up, put the parts back on and it's working like a gem again! It was zippy this morning and hot! And I'd noticed even before the accident that it was sluggish, and I just chalked it up to being a civic and a 4cylinder motor. She's like new again! So that was a disaster that could have been horrible.

Job sucks, and I can't wait to get a new one.

There's been other stuff going on too. My wife's aunt died last weekend. and then her best friend lost her dad last night. Then today we found out our house hit a snag, so they're trying to work that out. Long story I don't want to talk about! SO I NEEDED SOME GOOD EFFING NEWS!!!

Well these bad boys just came in, and that's a pretty damn good start!

20130104_113729.jpg

Opened her up and I have stickers! Stickers add dbz you know!

20130104_113808.jpg

and further, a shirt adds even more dbz! I'm up to a 145db out of the box already and I haven't even fired her up! :roflmao:

20130104_113841.jpg

THEN, there's the sexy!

20130104_113825.jpg

Mmmm look at her shine! No it's not blue, that's the sticker for protection.

20130104_113857.jpg

Man it's purdy!

Then the other box wasn't as exciting but it is exciting none the less!

Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS

20130104_114115.jpg

I'm waiting on a few more things in the next week. 1/0 ga cable, and an XS Power D4700 battery for the front. I need to order up some techflex so that can get here. Once that's all here, I'll do the ELD bypass (ADAM I'm probably going to need some assistance with this please), the Big 3 or 4 or whatever I need to do, make some distribution blocks, and be ready to move on with the rest of the build.

I still need a damn 4th order design! Can't do anything in the trunk until that's done! I'll have to send BHE another message!

That's it for now!

Posted

But wait there's more!! Just got some goodies from the mail man!!

20130104_135640.jpg

Lets see who it's from!!

Hmm Skyhighaudio, what could this possibly beeeeeeeee??!!!???:peepwall:

20130104_135651.jpg

WIREEEEEE

16ga speaker cable

20130104_142704.jpg

Sorry picture isn't very good. It says "Sky High Audio 16 Gauge Speaker Cable"

20130104_142718.jpg

First box

20130104_142758.jpg

20130104_142821.jpg

Second box

20130104_142937.jpg

20130104_142920.jpg

And then I got on ebay and got me some of this!!!!

"Fire" Techflex

20130104_151605.jpg

Orange Heatshrink!

20130104_151538.jpg

Things are moving along! SO that only leaves me a battery, and a 4th order design left!

Posted

Ok I need help guys! I need to get this damn 4th order figured out. It's a possibility I think, I THINK, that I can get 2 12's in a 4th in the trunk. If that's the case, I'm going to probably move from a single xl12 to dual level 4 12's. But I need to get this damn enclosure figured out! SO please check out the link, here, and help if you can so I can get started on this build. This enclosure is the only thing pretty much holding me back from building the trunk! Need to get it figured out. Thanks guys!

Posted

What happened to the guy who was suppose to design one for yiu???

I can try but shoot I got no experience so maybe my help is no help at all? Lol

Well I'll try it anyways lol

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8665 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...