scooter99 Posted January 7, 2013 Author Report Posted January 7, 2013 Ok so a small update. First the tablet design etc. I've decided to scrap what I did and start over again. I'm going to use the dash piece for strictly the tablet only. I have thought about putting my phone in there, but I highly doubt that will work. But, that will be strictly tablet. The HVAC controls will come out of there, and go in the center console cubby, not in front of the shifter, but the cubby at the arm rest. It's almost a perfect fit, and will allow me to cut out the trim from the tablet holder I just made, and use it in there and dress it up real nice. I will also have room to still have papers, or cds, or whatever in there if I want. Then the head unit will go in the lower cubby below the dash where I just took that pocket out. I'm currently looking for another pocket so I can cut this one up, but I'm not finding anything and I may just say EFF it and just go for it. So that will start very soon. My plan is to get that head unit in there asap, then I can continue on with the building and do the tablet etc later. Next, I was thinking about power and stuff. I don't know if anyone remembers but I had bought these a couple designs ago to do my own distribution and fuse blocks. Well I was lacking a couple of tools to do it with. So I kind of dropped the idea. But while my wife was looking through the paper yesterday, I noticed the Harbor Freight circular. Then saw this! Then I thought to myself, SELF, this was one of the tools I really wanted to do the blocks with. Do I need a heavy duty one to last me forever, or would this work! THIS WILL WORK! So I bought it! So I've now got most of the stuff I'm going to need to do the distribution and fuse blocks. I'm excited to do it too! I really need a metal blade for my chop saw, that would help a ton, or even a 10" for my table saw too. So I'm going to still look into that! But this is a huge piece of the puzzle. I also found someone to do a design for me. He's working on a dual 12 4th order enclosure. When I have more on this I'll post it up. We're getting closer! House update: Should be closing today or tomorrow. Once that's done, we'll start the projects to get ready to move in. Gonna be a nightmare! But I'll be so much happier to get my family out of the hood! That's it folks, more soon! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
scooter99 Posted January 8, 2013 Author Report Posted January 8, 2013 Ok, sub stage is done! All equipment has been purchased, going to be double checking enclosure specs tonight (angles etc) and he's almost done with the design. I'm going to go ahead and just keep the bc3500d for now and upgrade down the line. So now all I'm waiting for is the XS Power D4700 for the front, and a couple little nick nacks to go with the build. Oh forgot to show you guys this! Got it in the mail yesterday. Little different in person then I thought it was on the picture. But we'll see if I decide to use it or not. Getting closer to build time! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Trey_Dog650 Posted January 8, 2013 Report Posted January 8, 2013 Nice updates. Looking good bro 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
scooter99 Posted January 8, 2013 Author Report Posted January 8, 2013 Thanks, I cannot wait to get started on this thing! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
scooter99 Posted January 9, 2013 Author Report Posted January 9, 2013 Ok, I have a plan! Im on the hunt for a new seat back for the rear seat. One from an lx that is one seat instead of the split back and without the armrest. A hunting we will go, a hunting we will go, hi ho for a stereo, a hunting we will go. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Leo1103 Posted January 9, 2013 Report Posted January 9, 2013 think I saw some of your body style civic at the scrap yard last week, I might be going back this weekend and give you a heads up! 2002 Honda CR-VAlpine 9887My BuildRebuilding... Second Skin Damp 4 DC XL 15's 2 DC 5ks Singer 320 amp 6 cap banksSky High wire 2 VM-1's OM-1 all under window line Team DC Audio Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way. I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.
scooter99 Posted January 9, 2013 Author Report Posted January 9, 2013 Thanks. Yeah thats where I plan to go. I just need to wait until I have money. Bank and paypal are a little low, as you know (thanks for the help), so until at least the 15th im gonna be strapped. But thats where ill be going. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
scooter99 Posted January 16, 2013 Author Report Posted January 16, 2013 Got a little goodie in the mail last night. I don't wanna say it pissed me off, but it sure surprised me. We were having dinner and we've been waiting for our house to close and the keys to it, and the doorbell rang last night. NOONE ever comes over at night and this was like 6:00-6:30 or something like that. SO I jumped up thinking it was my realtor surprising us with the keys. So that's why I said that. Cause I'm growing EXTREMELY impatient on this house thing! But alas, it was the UPS guy. Good thing it wasn't a sales man or he'd have been effed! I'da had to let Grace (my boxer) loose on his ass! Anyway, he gave me a nice little package and to my pleasure I forgot I had paid Adam for his temp gauge! And he delivered! Thanks buddy! Nothing else new to report really. The front battery, XS Power D4700 was supposed to ship yesterday today or tomorrow. I don't know which. But it was back ordered until the 14th and Jon (Skyhighaudio) called them and they said they just got it in yesterday and would probably ship either yesterday afternoon or today or tomorrow. So at this point I'm in no rush. The subs were shipped from florida on the 11th, and left on the 12th. I don't see an estimated arrival date, but that was 4 days ago so it should be any day that I should see them. I emailed the guy about my design for the 4th order, and really I think that's the last thing I'm waiting on a this point. I have everything in hand with exception of those things listed above. I have a killer new design, at least it's killer in my head, to house the head unit, hvac controls, and the volt meters. But I've had no time to get started on that. I've also had some ideas running through my head on the tablet install version whatever it is, 3 or 4. But I'll go through 100 if I have to to get it right, as you guys know! At this point I'm in no hurry to get anything done. There's no sense in trying to start building now when I'm about to start packing up my entire house and tools etc to move. So when I get into the new house, I'll get started on the build. That's why I say no rush! More to come. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
HatersGonnaHate Posted January 16, 2013 Report Posted January 16, 2013 I forgot that I sent it off lol. Glad it got there safely and you didn't kill the ups guy haha My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.
scooter99 Posted January 16, 2013 Author Report Posted January 16, 2013 Yep, safe and sound! Yea he was going down too! LMAO! But it's all good! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.