Using a tablet as a headunit, WITHOUT a headunit?

inm

i use a clarion eqs746 and just use the headphone jack to the aux input on the clarion

I think I may end up going this route.

To be clear, I can use this without a headunit, right? I would do aux input, but does the EQ you said have RCA out or what? I'm not sure where to go from there, to get to my amp.

I don't currently have a speaker amp, so I also need regular front/rear speaker outputs, not just RCAs.

edit-

Looked it up, and it looks like it only has RCA outputs. I'll end up getting a speaker amp eventually, but I need something with speaker outputs for now.

Yeah you need amps to run the eq. Get an amp, even if its a small, cheapo, it'll work

Just to be sure, to accomplish this, this is all I would need, right? (Speaking strictly in hardware and wiring, not the build part)

Nexus 7

Clarion EQS746

Speaker amp of some sort

Nothing else?

What kind of power does the EQS need, and does it need a remote/turn-on? If so, how do I accomplish that?

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

i tapped into the 12volt turn on/ignition/accessory wire(what ever you call it) that turns on the headunit and just used that for my turn on wire for my clarion and amps. you could use a relay too

for the power and ground i just wired it to my distro blocks

My Build Log

95 Honda Accord

Nook HD+ tablet

Team Ascendant Audio 18"

2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D

Crescendo Audio C1100.4

2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500

Build log

So it has 12V, Ignition, and Ground like a headunit would?

This is sounding a little too easy... lol, I guess the fiberglass work will be the majority of the project.

Just get the after market harness for your at as if you were wiring in a aftermarket radio, as wire the EQ to that, will give you a ground, power, and remote

Is yours the Dakota? I was looking at it earlier, I may look into doing that as well.

Do you have your Nexus hooked to power when its in your dash? If not, how's battery life? I'm hoping they release a POGO dock for it soon. If/when they do, I'm gonna rip one apart and put that in the dash, too, to keep it charged.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Archived