Second Skin Audio

2-18" RE SX in a wall multiple questions I need answered please!

Surprised that no one noticed, your subs can be wired to .5 ohm, 2 ohm, 8 ohm.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

In my bandpass the low end response went through the roof after I completely sealed it off.

Hows that??!!

I don't see what you're asking. Do you want me to explain how my car smaller cabin area and acoustics effected the low end response in my vehicle?

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

In my bandpass the low end response went through the roof after I completely sealed it off.

Hows that??!!

I don't see what you're asking. Do you want me to explain how my car smaller cabin area and acoustics effected the low end response in my vehicle?

Nevermind I took the meaning literal.. Im a dumb shit.. Haha I get what you mean now! So should I completly expandable foam every open area to the back? From the front of the wall?

N8ball2013 is correct you haven't sealed around the outside of the cabinet properly you will be losing the low notes, you have been advised to go bigger with the port area as well once you have done those things you should deffo be louder just by doing either one of them. i have built something just like that before in my Merc ml 7 seater with juggy 18s on 2k each and once it was sealed around the front cabin it was playing decaf and others no problem. i hope you get it all sorted looking good. build some trim panels to seal the front to the back were you have sprayed foam make a panel to hide it then its sealed off properly, some people call them beauty panels trust me it will make a big difference to how loud and low it plays.

When everyone says you need to seal it off, they mean make sure that no air can escape behind your wall. Right now air is moving BEHIND your wall, which isn't a good thing.

Foam, fiberglass, do whatever it takes to make sure that the front of the wall is completely sealed into the cabin.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

When everyone says you need to seal it off, they mean make sure that no air can escape behind your wall. Right now air is moving BEHIND your wall, which isn't a good thing.

Foam, fiberglass, do whatever it takes to make sure that the front of the wall is completely sealed into the cabin.

Okay sounds good, im going to foam all around and then put a layer of mdf over it for looks. Then once I lengthen the port I should be getting better results. Thanks!

Okay sounds good, im going to foam all around and then put a layer of mdf over it for looks. Then once I lengthen the port I should be getting better results. Thanks!

N8ball2013 is correct you haven't sealed around the outside of the cabinet properly you will be losing the low notes, you have been advised to go bigger with the port area as well once you have done those things you should deffo be louder just by doing either one of them. i have built something just like that before in my Merc ml 7 seater with juggy 18s on 2k each and once it was sealed around the front cabin it was playing decaf and others no problem. i hope you get it all sorted looking good. build some trim panels to seal the front to the back were you have sprayed foam make a panel to hide it then its sealed off properly, some people call them beauty panels trust me it will make a big difference to how loud and low it plays.

Okay perfect! That was in my plans later on but I didn't know it would have this great of an effect! Thanks a bunch man

Archived