New to the competition world need advice!

and btw, you can stay competetive even if you have to build on a budget. you cant just spend all your money and go out and bang a 160. this a lifestyle/hobby that takes time and you have to work your way up. if you go out hittin 150's and 60's on your first times in the lanes people are automaticlaly start talkin shit and sayin "daddys money sure is loud" trust me man ive seen it happen too many times, take your time and work your way up. not only does it keep you from goin broke at the beginning but it makes it more fun i think. but yeah try to decide on a class and build to compete well in that class, start kind of low to save money, then if you want to, pick a higher class later and build for it. takes time but much more fun and youll learn A LOT more.

Research what competion associations you have in your area. Once you do that look through their rulebooks and see what classes they have, after that find what class you can compete while meeting the crtieria and your budget. Different associations have different criterias, such as MECA decides your class by cone area and fusing, while USACI decides theirs by amplifier size, box size, how many batteries you have and much more but I can't think of them (I used them because that's what I have to compete in). If you want a daily banger pick what equipment and box design you want while making sure it meets the criteria for whichever organization you wish to compete in, it will take quite a bit of research and planning but if you want to compete it should be worth it.

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

• 4 months later...

IASCA is big in florida so is bass race so if i competed in IASCA after looking at the classes i would like to compete in the Fether weight class. i will just have to do a lot of testing to see what i can do.

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

Archived