Second Skin Audio

need a wall design or help (AQ HDC3 pros check this box)

going in a 00 dakota quad cab

max dimensions

30H x 50W x 28D

subs are two HDC3 18s thinking i might get the aluminum coils for lower fs and thermal handling

i want the port center and vertical (unless someone has a better option for DAILY)

tuning between 28-30hz (AFTER DISPLACEMENT)

power will be about 4k rms (maybe a little less after rise/voltage)

(2 aq2200ds @ .5 ohm each)

let me know if any more info is needed

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Tune higher. Port on drivers side.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Tune higher. Port on drivers side.

Even if i want it for daily?

Numbers arnt needed

And needs to play atleast 25hz

Now what are my options?

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

You must be one of those guys that listens strictly to altered music. There is very little music that plays down to 25you hz. Also a big difference from playing it and playing with authority. I think there's a big misconception that ultra low tuning and being able to shake things is a judge of loud. Its walled with 2you 18s you wont need to compensate by playing ultra low. Irs going to be loud.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

You must be one of those guys that listens strictly to altered music. There is very little music that plays down to 25you hz. Also a big difference from playing it and playing with authority. I think there's a big misconception that ultra low tuning and being able to shake things is a judge of loud. Its walled with 2you 18s you wont need to compensate by playing ultra low. Irs going to be loud.

Yeah i slow my own music and most songs are low 30s but i have atleast 10+ songs that are mid 20s

I understand that i can tune mid 30s and still play low but for a safety factor i wouldnt want tuning over 30 maybe 31

Im open to opinions tho about it my last box with 2 vvx 12s was tuned @ 34ish and i could play decaf put on full tilt

So if a box designer thinks port on driver side will be loud and sound ok for daily/ some comps then cool

And the same for tuning

But fyi i dont listen to much above 40hz lol

I see you went with the 18s! Excellent choice my friend.. But if this is just for daily, it really does not matter wether the port is drivers side, or middle. Whatever you prefer! Either way this is going to slam! So you should be fine with either choice!

I just dont have the extra cash after the mustang got totaled to buy 4 15s

Reconing my current subs will be best bet

Just need a nice box design

I emailed robin but he said he will be busy so he canr get my design done for a week or so

Im willing to pay for it anyone got other reccomendstions?

Besides ram designs?

Did you recone the 12's to 18's?

Im talking with jeff and cj to find the best option but yeaj looks like the 12s you sold me will be 18s in a few weeks

Archived