Sundown Audio

Efficient Sub Amp

yzfrider

Any equipment on a boat is going to be in a supremely high trapped moisture environment. Rockford's marine spec amps are no joke when it comes to moisture and corrosion protection. Believe what you may.

I'm gonna hate

Any equipment on a boat is going to be in a supremely high trapped moisture environment. Rockford's marine spec amps are no joke when it comes to moisture and corrosion protection. Believe what you may.

I completely agree. They aren't terribly expensive either. I'd also choose to use OFC tinned power and ground wiring.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

You won't hear a difference between 1000 or 600w. You are going to notice that your battery won't last as long.

I'd rather take a 600w amp since you won't hear the difference at all.

Thats more dependent on the equipment than anything. Every time I've gone from 600 watts to 1000 watts, I've noticed an audible difference.

You didn't go from 600 to 1000w. You went from a '600w' amp to a '1000w' amp.

If you calculate how much difference it could be,which it usually isn't. the difference is less then 3dB, which is the least you need to hear an audible difference.

If you grab a 600w amp from the same model and brand , you won't hear a difference.

EDIT: that RF 750.1 amp should suit your needs perfectly.

Incorrect, 3db is twice as loud, 1db is about the smallest audible difference most humans can distinguish.

Thanks for trying to correct me, but your informtion is incorrect. ;) (this is a very common mistake.)

An increase of the sound level by 3 dB corresponds to barely hearing a audible difference

An increase of the sound level by 3 dB corresponds to a doubling (factor = 2) of sound intensity.

An increase of the sound level by 5 dB corresponds to a clear audible difference.

An increase of the sound level by 6 dB corresponds to a doubling of the sound pressure.

An increase in the sound level by 10 dB corresponds to the sensation of double the "volume".

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Care to cite a source for this information? Now you've got me curious. I know you can certainly detect an audible difference of less than 3db since it is both listener and frequency dependent.

I'm gonna hate

You won't hear a difference between 1000 or 600w. You are going to notice that your battery won't last as long.

Thats more dependent on the equipment than anything. Every time I've gone from 600 watts to 1000 watts, I've noticed an audible difference.

If you calculate how much difference it could be,which it usually isn't. the difference is less then 3dB, which is the least you need to hear an audible difference.

If you grab a 600w amp from the same model and brand , you won't hear a difference.

Incorrect, 3db is twice as loud, 1db is about the smallest audible difference most humans can distinguish.

Thanks for trying to correct me, but your informtion is incorrect. ;) (this is a very common mistake.)

An increase of the sound level by 3 dB corresponds to barely hearing a audible difference

An increase of the sound level by 3 dB corresponds to a doubling (factor = 2) of sound intensity.

An increase of the sound level by 5 dB corresponds to a clear audible difference.

An increase of the sound level by 6 dB corresponds to a doubling of the sound pressure.

An increase in the sound level by 10 dB corresponds to the sensation of double the "volume".

Listen to a 160db vehicle. Then listen to the same vehicle doing 163db. Let me know how that goes for you.

Your story changed from inaudible to 'barely audible' ....

Thanks for trying to correct me, but your information is incorrect. ;) (this is a very common mistake.)

Listen to a 160db vehicle. Then listen to the same vehicle doing 163db. Let me know how that goes for you.

Have you ever tried listening to a 160db vehicle? As in using your ears? I don't think so, your ears are pretty useless at that level.

It's a lot more about the sensation.

My 'story' didn't change. I said it wasn't even a 3dB difference, that's what you can't hear, less then a 3dB difference. A 3db difference is barely audible. What i say stays the same all the time. :)

Care to cite a source for this information? Now you've got me curious. I know you can certainly detect an audible difference of less than 3db since it is both listener and frequency dependent.

Just google it (or read a book, take some classes about waves) sir, but this is one of the first links i've found. http://www.sengpiela...ssureLevels.htm

If the frequency stays the same, then a 3dB difference is a 3dB difference.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

pick a 3000w amp and run it at 4ohm. you'll have higher efficiency than any 1000w @ 1ohm amp.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Thanks for trying to correct me, but your information is incorrect. ;) (this is a very common mistake.)

Have you ever tried listening to a 160db vehicle? As in using your ears? I don't think so, your ears are pretty useless at that level.

It's a lot more about the sensation.

My 'story' didn't change. I said it wasn't even a 3dB difference, that's what you can't hear, less then a 3dB difference. A 3db difference is barely audible. What i say stays the same all the time. :)

Just google it (or read a book, take some classes about waves) sir, but this is one of the first links i've found. http://www.sengpiela...ssureLevels.htm

If the frequency stays the same, then a 3dB difference is a 3dB difference.

Thank you for sharing, gonna bookmark that for a read. I will have to expand my knowledge on the subject.

I'm gonna hate

Archived