Second Skin Audio

One sub moves more than the other

SlamminBeats

ok so as the title says, one of my subs moves alot more on every song. The box is symmetrical. It has done this on more than one amp, so its not the amp. Only thing i can imagine is a coil is unhooked? Any other suggestions?

DD claims they did not fuck up the suspension on one and i dont want to find out by cutting it apart for no reason

Or you have a f... up coil.

that would be sweet!

i know its not the one that moves more because i just reconed it and before the recone it moved more still

also my buddy has the same subs on the same amp those both move as much as mine (the one that moves more).

^^ if that makes sense

1) unhook subs and test each sub separately. Play the same song and see if you can notice them moving about the same when you test each one. videoing this will help

2) Verify that your coils are wires up correctly and you dont have a loose wire somewhere

3) Swap the inputs to the sub and then see if the other subs starts moving more

4) just say fuck it and turn up the volume more

5) send vodka to meh

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

DMM the coils, is it the 2nd sub from the amp wiring-wise? Check all connections between the amp and subs.

To test the suspension see if the same amount of weight moves both cones an equal distance back when sat on the cones. To measure this affix a piece of string of the same length to the same spot on the back of the cones (I like the cone/surround joint) that hangs over the spider or some other part an equal distance, apply the weight and compare the distance between the strings and the part of the sub they hang over. It's not really precise but I use it to make sure suspension is in compliance on speakers I use for home audio it works fairly well.

I'm gonna hate

that would be sweet!

i know its not the one that moves more because i just reconed it and before the recone it moved more still

also my buddy has the same subs on the same amp those both move as much as mine (the one that moves more).

^^ if that makes sense

If it so, is that the bad woof acting as passiv radiator.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

that would be sweet!

^^ if that makes sense

If it so, is that the bad woof acting as passiv radiator.

the "bad" one has played on its own without the other one in the box

and yes i accounted for the high tuning and played safe tones

Archived