Second Skin Audio

*HELP* Earthquake DBXI 15D x2 Enclosure design *HELP*

CVLover

This is the last one i built, tuned at 30hz with lots of port area, this plays way down in the 20s. Funny enough this is alsto ran off a SPL Dynamics 3500d ;)

IMAG1300.jpg

I have a design that builds on your existing sketch, I'll get it up in a sec.

Maybe something like this? Decent volume, decent port size, tuned around 32-33.

cvlover1.jpg

I have build a similar for one dd2515, in a very similar car as well. Both of theese are built for the same guy. This one is 140l tuned right above 30, huge port.

249703_10150193019076386_613106385_7495640_8229616_n-1.jpg

wow amazing! only thing is hard to make it exchangeable,, could you design me with the same box, just port firing back:D i would love you haha:D

Cerwin Vega <3 . When Bass Counts!

The thing is, the length you need on the port in that design is about 70cm. And thats the length of the entire box.

It wouldn't fit without the bend.

Unfortunately, doing removable port doesn't seem to practical in this aplication. I've thought about a few different solutions but I haven't got any good ideas at this point.

Maybe someone else does?

But if you're interested I can give you the dimentions and stuff for the one up there. I think it would work well, but I can't promise anything :P

Could multuple ports do any good? I heard there was a guy with 2 of these in a 6 cu ft box with 4 6" full length ports.

I looked at doing multiple aeroports, and the natural thing would be to put them facing backwards, but I guess there wouldn't be any airspace between the box and the body of the car? Not ideal.

Another option would be to find 90* bends for, and use three 6" aeroports. (Are those usually 30 or 40cm long?) Have them facing up along the bottom on the baffle and have them go down about 25cm before the 90* bend and then the full length 40cm (if thats the case) along the bottom. This will give a tuning of 33-34hz if I'm correct.

6cu.ft with four, say 40cm long + flange, 6" aeroports would give closer to a 50hz tuning. You won't have much lows with that.. Could be loud though!

Hmm, would 4 inch ports do any good? I want them lows:D and i may be wrong, the ports are 30cm and 40 with the flares

Wouldn't that be the same story as the 6"? Cause you still need to get up to the same port area, and thus, the same length.

I still like the tweaked version of your design.

Cause it worked well with only one 15" on maybe 200w i that Mazda, so two 15"s and some power should be awesome.

That's what I'm thinking right now.

Archived