Second Skin Audio

Sub enclosures design Training

SoundFreakk

post the measurement for the box, then people would be able to give you better more directed advice.

and by port area he means the volume of the port look like it is to low. slot ports are recomended between 12-16" per cuft of box.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I came up with this, let me know what you guys think.

dclvl4enclosure.png

ok, first off you dont have any measurements listed for me to look at so I can't say much.

What I can say is that your port is WAY too small. and while this isnt exactly a negative, you dont need to double up every wall on a build like this. its ok to do, but you probably wont see any more benefit than you would with a double baffle and maybe one brace.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

post the measurement for the box, then people would be able to give you better more directed advice.

and by port area he means the volume of the port look like it is to low. slot ports are recomended between 12-16" per cuft of box.

I used torres calculator for the port length, width and height. Didn't know how to calcute it otherwise because there where no thiele/small parameters for those subs.

Here with the measurements.(everyting in mm)

dclvl4enclosure.png

Port:

Length: 140mm

Width: 180mm

Heigth: 60mm

• 2 months later...

thats better but look now your port is too close to the rear of the box you will have to make it bend up

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

or a little more to make sure it dosnt chock the port

the port always has to be farther away than the smallest width or hight

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

Archived