Kinde Fire HD or the iPad Mini for a 6 yr old learning to read

It's not about spoiling, it's about learning, not a replacement of books. Of course she's going to learn responsibility and the value of the dollar. I wasn't givin anything growing up. The porch was used as the fridge/freezer when the power was out and I had to ask the neighbors to fill my bucket with water so I could flush my shit down the toilet. She's going to learn about life but I won't let growing up be that rough for her. She learns from her books as well as the kindle (its not her's but she uses it). I really don't see what the big problem is with it. She wont be expecting a bimmer, if she is she won't get it. I can guarantee she wont be given any car, she will have to get it herself.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

you should see the android and apple apps that are avaible for kids. Its insanity. like absolutely nuts.

i actually havent looked into any of those, although my nephew is coming up on 10 months old, so me being the uncle with the two ipads, ill have to research into those learning tools.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

It's not about spoiling, it's about learning, not a replacement of books. Of course she's going to learn responsibility and the value of the dollar. I wasn't givin anything growing up. The porch was used as the fridge/freezer when the power was out and I had to ask the neighbors to fill my bucket with water so I could flush my shit down the toilet. She's going to learn about life but I won't let growing up be that rough for her. She learns from her books as well as the kindle (its not her's but she uses it). I really don't see what the big problem is with it. She wont be expecting a bimmer, if she is she won't get it. I can guarantee she wont be given any car, she will have to get it herself.

i wasnt pointing at you when i was saying that, was mostly speaking in general. (about working for things in life).

but as n8 pointed out. with supervised usage, and using the right learning apps and tools, it can be used properly as a learning device.

also i have a client, who got me to set up a kindle fire for her daughter (i think shes like 7 8 or 9.. huge difference in all those ages, but i cant remember). introducing the kindle fire this late in the kids life was a terrible choice. first it started off working correctly, then she was given free reign over it.. kept doing school work, but wouldnt do homework on the kindle fire anymore.

then she wanted to take it to school for show and tell.

my only advice to you mr crush and James, is keep a tight leash on those devices and make sure that the kids know, it is for learning only.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

I get what you're saying. She uses it exactly as Nate described. Shes really good with her animals. She could even tell me what a narwhal is.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

I looked at the iPad mini and the kindle hd last night, taking Sheena's advice about the text not concise on the iPad mini. I also notice that looking at the books preloaded on the iPad, the text was unable to resize where the Kindle HD does. So far the Kindle is winning due to price and text, though I might just get the full size iPad 4 for her as the text can be resized via the pinching of the screen. Also, a Benz is what I will get her on her sweet 16.thank you for the advice everyone

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

I looked at the iPad mini and the kindle hd last night, taking Sheena's advice about the text not concise on the iPad mini. I also notice that looking at the books preloaded on the iPad, the text was unable to resize where the Kindle HD does. So far the Kindle is winning due to price and text, though I might just get the full size iPad 4 for her as the text can be resized via the pinching of the screen. Also, a Benz is what I will get her on her sweet 16.thank you for the advice everyone

Just don't forget what your buying into. I'd take the iPad over the kindle since the school recommends it anyways.

Not to mention all the other kids will have one, but she will have a kindle?

Then there's the massive apps for kids for the iPad, they can only get better.

I would personally invest in an apple tablet such as the iPad, just solely because no one else is even on their level.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

ipad. crapple has tons of learning apps. My 8 y/o's 1st and 2nd grade classes has several that they all shared. In 3rd grade each student is assigned their own, stays a school of course.

If you're feeling DOWN & OUT, it's time to get UP & IN

I went to Best Buy Again Saturday morning when they opened and besides having everything Windows 8 (phone, laptops, tablets, touch screen PC etc.. turned off) I seen the Apple Representative and he showed me how to zoom in the articles text for kids. However it will not do it with magazines in their book store. on both the tablet and mini.

Since everything was turned off from Microsoft, I decided to get the mini from Walmart :)

BTW, I have noticed that Walmart is cheaper than BBY, TV's ect... when buying the cheaper stuff.

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

I was thinking about getting my kids the same, and then ended up getting them all 7 inch tablets on sale for 60$ on black friday. With as much as they dropped my ipad I was a little leary about getting them a 200$ mini. Then again, I have 3 kids under 8, so it would have cost me quite a bit more :)

Archived