US Army bans Magpul PMags and other "HP" mags

Part of what airborne said is what got magpul to redesign them. The torture tests on them are ridiculous. They will be much better this go around. BUT from what I read and understand they are not banning them. They are banning them from outside sources. If they dont get them from the command its a no go. They are doing it to cut down on the counterfeit stuff thats been popping up. Same thing with the aimpoints and eotechs etc. alot of oboots on the ground guys spend their own money in order to customize their lifeline to them. If one manages to get a counterfeit piece its his life on the line or the guy next to him.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

USASOC black listed them in PBUSE last summer because during sustained firefights we were melting them in Afghan. Not like a candle but they were deforming and either not ejecting, not feeding or not inserting. That being said, I got some HK mags back in the day and used them on 3 tours in Iraq and they are still the shit.

P-Maqs have a cool factor no doubt and for home defense or looking cool at your local shooting hole, but in my experience, 5 combat tours, they just weren't made for more than a few mag changes on the same gun during days long gunfights.

As far as the Army wanting you to only us Issued mags, I have like 25 of those P-Mags and something like 30 of the HK. All of them issued as class9 and ordered through the class9 folks (motorhole PBUSE clerk)...

n8 is right. Counterfeit gun parts do not go through the hell that legit parts do during R&D. They may look the same but do NOT hold up. Ordering through the prpper channels can be a bitch because you get old fucks who think those shitty "issued" mags were good enough in the 80's shitting on your supply request. Once the QA/QC is nailed down and the knock off junk is weeded out the Army will pick these things up by the truck load like we did just a few years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived