Second Skin Audio

help with enclosure dimenions and amp suggestion

Hello,

I know these questions get asked lots but i am looking for some help with and enclosure design.

I would like to put 2 sa8 v2's where the stock sub is in my 2000 yukon xl. I would like to keep the box behind the panel with just the subs themselves comming through the panel.I would like to be able to use the lift out storage tray/jack cover spot for the port.

Also what amp would you suggest for these subs?

Thanks everyone in advance

What´s your budget Jonathan?

It´s for his output a hughe amp. It´s a class G amp that means he combines the sound of class AB with the efficiency of class D.

The reference series is known as awsome, you can get the amp for a sellout price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SOUNDSTREAM-REFERENCE-REF1-1000-1000-WATT-RMS-MONO-SUBWOOFER-AMPLIFIER-/150942024117?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item2324d881b5&vxp=mtr

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

i dont think there going to fit in the sid panel as u want, they are a monster of a sub and hence have some depth and weight to them

maybe look at the E series for that

but youll be better off looking at Fi audio IB range as there more suited for style install,

if on the other hand you want to build a nice ported or T-line for them and take un some of the trunk then there a very nice sounding sub

ported 1-1500rms @ final ohm load, 1.2 net 28-35hz

T-line 3-400rms @ final ohm load, 80sq" of port 95" long (35hz)

im running 2 in a T-line in my workshop on 100rms and there as loud as my 2x v1.5 on 400rms in a ported box

so i think you have some more reading and research do to

but always happy to help if needed

thanks for the replies. i will post my maximum dimensions soon as i get home as i am cuyrrently at work and i work out in the bush for 15 days at a time.

I already have the subs so yes i know they are deep, and yes i am aware that other subs may fit " nicer " but i got these for a purpose. I dont mind it protruding a bit from the panel but the less the better.

Watch budget isnt really all that big of a deal but definately will not go with another soundstream product as i have recently had nothing but issues with them in my last truck. but thank you for the suggestion.

Archived