ok ... i have been fighting a problem for a while now and i need some help !!! i swapped my lights in my 2012 edge to leds and at first they would hyper flash but then when engine is on they dont ... well now they hyper flash randomly while engine is on ... i tried fixing the hyper flash by adding resistors and let me tell you what happened ... and i dont know how this is ... the rear turn signals are single filament style ... but they have 3 wires going to them ... well ... when i put a resistor on the rear lights ... whether i put the left or right turn signal on ... ALL lights flash ... turn signals ... break lights ... everything .... i really want to stay with the leds but i dont want hyperflash ...

to other people who has switched to led turn signals ... what did you do to get rid of hyper flash or what could i do ... need some help !

preferably those with newer cars that have all these damn computers !!

I don't know if it's all electronic now, but I know on my truck, a 2001 Silverado, all I had to do was change the relay to an LED-friendly relay...I don't know if it's that easy (being a Ford and all :peepwall: ) but that may be all it takes. Weird though, most LED tails come with resistors built in to the housing to simulate a higher impedance load like a standard bulb.

POTATO!

I don't know if it's all electronic now, but I know on my truck, a 2001 Silverado, all I had to do was change the relay to an LED-friendly relay...I don't know if it's that easy (being a Ford and all peepwall.gif ) but that may be all it takes. Weird though, most LED tails come with resistors built in to the housing to simulate a higher impedance load like a standard bulb.

I agree with trying the Relay

I been dealing with the Hyper flash on my 91 GTi almost for ever. Before i did resistors i put LED Compatible relay and that solved everything. Take the resistors off and try the Relay. I dont know which relay you need but this is a start.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/vehicle/2012-ford-edge--installation+accessories/20-470--528376/

If it's worth building, it's worth over building.

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

Archived