Sonic Electronix

These aren't builds since none of it is permanent. We just like to get together and test different combinations of amp(s), sub(s), and boxes in different vehicles.

First up I recently threw together a new smaller box for my Bl 18s. Its 10ft w/ four 6" ports tuned to 32hz. Today I decided to throw it in my Explorer (for the hell of it) and see how it sounded. They were being powered by a single Sundown saz-1500d @ 0.5ohm. The Explorer's electrical consists of the stock alternator, red top under the hood, RF 2/0 big 3, two runs of RF 2/0 wire to the back (one positive & one negative), and a G31 yellow top in the back. Voltage started at 14.4-14.5 and dropped to 12.1 but never fell below 12.1 even on long hard bass notes. Current draw was a max of 229amps. That equals a little over 2000watts of power. I wanted to wire up both amps but didn't have time.

100_0528.jpg

100_0529.jpg

100_0530.jpg

100_0531.jpg

100_0532.jpg

100_0533.jpg

Here's a vid playing Coffee Shop. Sorry for the skipping but the cd player was having a little trouble with all the shaking. The camera really doesn't do justice for what you could see in person. Also the center brace in my box broke during this vid so if you see the top of the box flexing like crazy thats why. After getting it repaired the TL #s got a little better. You'll see in the next vid.

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b126/der...=CoffeeShop.flv

This vid has some sick flex. Trust me, its much better in person. Again the camera just doesn't quite capture the massive amount of flexing that was going on. The TL shots are in the middle of the vid.

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b126/der...nt=WhatIsIt.flv

I did a little bit more playing around on the TL after this vid and got a peak of 147.2db @ 40hz. Not bad considering this is powered by just one 1500d. Next chance I get I'll wire both up in here and get some more vids. Let me know what you think.

Edited by Derrick824

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

vids are fucked up

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

Our next test was to throw a T4K in banginAltima's trunk on his T1 15s. Stock electrical with the addition of a pair of yellow tops in the trunk. Voltage fell to 11.4. Current draw was 392amps. It hit consistent 149.4-149.5 with a high of 149.7.

100_0534.jpg

That amp is massive back there.

100_0543.jpg

100_0544.jpg

Here's the vid.

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b126/der...urrent=1494.flv

Now to throw a quick little comparison out there. The strapped Sundown 1500Ds hit a 149.1 on a completely stock electrical. There weren't any extra batteries and voltage fell to 9.5volts (ouch!). We were expecting a much bigger difference with the T4K so tomorrow we'll be restesting the Sundowns in here with the extra batteries to help with the voltage drop. I'll update later on how that goes.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Looks great man. Hope to see that 150 out of the explorer, but time will tell. I'd like to know what difference the yellows made for the strapped pair of sundowns. Memphis took care of my amp for me, but I'm sort of afraid to hook everything up till I know I can keep it above 12v.

Did those round ports make much of a difference over the slot you were using before- or do have you tested in the same vehicle?

Looking great, Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to a show soon and see it in action, but I need to get those alts first.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Looks great man. Hope to see that 150 out of the explorer, but time will tell. I'd like to know what difference the yellows made for the strapped pair of sundowns. Memphis took care of my amp for me, but I'm sort of afraid to hook everything up till I know I can keep it above 12v.

Did those round ports make much of a difference over the slot you were using before- or do have you tested in the same vehicle?

Looking great, Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to a show soon and see it in action, but I need to get those alts first.

In Gary's Altima adding a pair of yellow tops increased his score by 1db with the strapped Sundowns. I did one quick test with the new box in my Yukon and it hit a 148.3. That's a .4db gain by going with a smaller box and round ports. I'll be testing out some 6" ports in my old box to see if the gain was from the ports or the decrease in box volume.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Hmmmm Let's see.

2000 watts Stock electrical Minus Big 3. 2 18" BL's 148 Musically.

Not to bad.

Still hung up on my future sub choices tho.

Fi, DC, DD, Audiopipe. (Because I get them at dealer costs. But they don't make 18's. :()

Can't seem to find prices on DD's tho. :huh:

Edited by Bigpimpin91

and just think if you change out that alternator

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module