mikelbolton Posted December 12, 2012 Report Posted December 12, 2012 I was going through some old paperwork earlier, and found something that I had forgotten I had. A friend of a friend slipped me these years back. It details the changes necessary to have Skylines imported. I remember I was so stoked to get these, and wanted sooo bad to bring one to the states. The only problem was that I was so young, and didn't have enough money to buy one, ship it here, post bonds to customs, and then make the modifications... 2011 Chevrolet Aveo(click for build log)Clarion NX-603SKAR 4500.1DIraggi 320A alt Knukonceptz 1/0 Kollosus Fleks Cable8 AWG Sky High Car Audio OFC 1/0- Sky High Car Audio 2- XP3000 XS Power BatteriesSMD VM-12- 12" Ascendant Audio Mayhems Toolmaker Fuse block Toolmaker Bus Bars (Last Season scores 1-15" Mayhem) 145.2 dB- Sealed @ NSPL World Finals (9/28/14) 148.1 dB- Hardcore @ NSPL World Finals (9/27/14) 150.23-- Hardcore on 4500 Watts!!!! New Build (2015, 2-12" Mayhems) 146.9- Sealed on dash 149.6 dB- Hardcore in Kick (No wall 0-24" Hardcore)
SMZ2 Posted December 12, 2012 Report Posted December 12, 2012 I was going through some old paperwork earlier, and found something that I had forgotten I had. A friend of a friend slipped me these years back. It details the changes necessary to have Skylines imported. I remember I was so stoked to get these, and wanted sooo bad to bring one to the states. The only problem was that I was so young, and didn't have enough money to buy one, ship it here, post bonds to customs, and then make the modifications... I would be uber jelly! An old 1990's skyline is like my dream car man. Just imagine having Godzilla in your driveway! My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
mikelbolton Posted December 12, 2012 Author Report Posted December 12, 2012 Yeah, I wish I had the money and time to bring one in... Would love to have an R34 GTR, but unfortunately all I could get is an R33 GTR with these modifications. 2011 Chevrolet Aveo(click for build log)Clarion NX-603SKAR 4500.1DIraggi 320A alt Knukonceptz 1/0 Kollosus Fleks Cable8 AWG Sky High Car Audio OFC 1/0- Sky High Car Audio 2- XP3000 XS Power BatteriesSMD VM-12- 12" Ascendant Audio Mayhems Toolmaker Fuse block Toolmaker Bus Bars (Last Season scores 1-15" Mayhem) 145.2 dB- Sealed @ NSPL World Finals (9/28/14) 148.1 dB- Hardcore @ NSPL World Finals (9/27/14) 150.23-- Hardcore on 4500 Watts!!!! New Build (2015, 2-12" Mayhems) 146.9- Sealed on dash 149.6 dB- Hardcore in Kick (No wall 0-24" Hardcore)
S15_Silvia Posted December 12, 2012 Report Posted December 12, 2012 So how big is that document? And can I have a copy? 2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix | On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said: 3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man. My feedback thread
mikelbolton Posted December 12, 2012 Author Report Posted December 12, 2012 probably 30-40 pages in this one. I was nervous that the NHTSA was still hunting people down after the whole mess with RB Motoring, that I burned it to CD, printed a copy and deleted it from PC. That was probably 8 years ago. If I could find the CD, I'd send ya a copy. I also have all the documentation (that's freely available) from the NHTSA about becoming a Registered Importer. Unless you know one, you'll have to become one to bring the cars in. Although, there were people bringing them in from Canada illegally. If it's illegal and you get caught, it can get confiscated and crushed :-( 2011 Chevrolet Aveo(click for build log)Clarion NX-603SKAR 4500.1DIraggi 320A alt Knukonceptz 1/0 Kollosus Fleks Cable8 AWG Sky High Car Audio OFC 1/0- Sky High Car Audio 2- XP3000 XS Power BatteriesSMD VM-12- 12" Ascendant Audio Mayhems Toolmaker Fuse block Toolmaker Bus Bars (Last Season scores 1-15" Mayhem) 145.2 dB- Sealed @ NSPL World Finals (9/28/14) 148.1 dB- Hardcore @ NSPL World Finals (9/27/14) 150.23-- Hardcore on 4500 Watts!!!! New Build (2015, 2-12" Mayhems) 146.9- Sealed on dash 149.6 dB- Hardcore in Kick (No wall 0-24" Hardcore)
S15_Silvia Posted December 12, 2012 Report Posted December 12, 2012 Hey, if you ever do find that disc, feel free to send a PM my way. And yeah I hear you on the scarcity of the importers. Thank god the R32 will be 25 soon at least. 2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix | On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said: 3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man. My feedback thread
mikelbolton Posted December 12, 2012 Author Report Posted December 12, 2012 There are several importers in California, and Florida. Although I don't know how legal all of their business is. Will do. Although, I have a crapload of discs to go through. I used to work IT, and was always finding goodies to burn to CDs. Back then, jump drives were either non-existant or way overpriced. Gosh, just thinking about that makes me remember the LS-120... God's gift to floppy disks! 2011 Chevrolet Aveo(click for build log)Clarion NX-603SKAR 4500.1DIraggi 320A alt Knukonceptz 1/0 Kollosus Fleks Cable8 AWG Sky High Car Audio OFC 1/0- Sky High Car Audio 2- XP3000 XS Power BatteriesSMD VM-12- 12" Ascendant Audio Mayhems Toolmaker Fuse block Toolmaker Bus Bars (Last Season scores 1-15" Mayhem) 145.2 dB- Sealed @ NSPL World Finals (9/28/14) 148.1 dB- Hardcore @ NSPL World Finals (9/27/14) 150.23-- Hardcore on 4500 Watts!!!! New Build (2015, 2-12" Mayhems) 146.9- Sealed on dash 149.6 dB- Hardcore in Kick (No wall 0-24" Hardcore)
Berto Posted December 12, 2012 Report Posted December 12, 2012 I'll take a PM too if you find it. TEAM FLEX ISSUES Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal 24" Rims HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone. Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled) Sub Amp: DC 9k SOON TO COME T3 Audio 6x9s MB Quarts 6.5" comp set MAYBE ADDED 2nd DC 9k
mikelbolton Posted December 12, 2012 Author Report Posted December 12, 2012 10-4 2011 Chevrolet Aveo(click for build log)Clarion NX-603SKAR 4500.1DIraggi 320A alt Knukonceptz 1/0 Kollosus Fleks Cable8 AWG Sky High Car Audio OFC 1/0- Sky High Car Audio 2- XP3000 XS Power BatteriesSMD VM-12- 12" Ascendant Audio Mayhems Toolmaker Fuse block Toolmaker Bus Bars (Last Season scores 1-15" Mayhem) 145.2 dB- Sealed @ NSPL World Finals (9/28/14) 148.1 dB- Hardcore @ NSPL World Finals (9/27/14) 150.23-- Hardcore on 4500 Watts!!!! New Build (2015, 2-12" Mayhems) 146.9- Sealed on dash 149.6 dB- Hardcore in Kick (No wall 0-24" Hardcore)
SR20DAZE Posted December 12, 2012 Report Posted December 12, 2012 Ill take one too please if possible Hahah damn cody She ain't that sexy. I wouldn't even let her blow me. Those 10 pounds of make up would end up all over my crotch. you dont find dubstep, dubstep finds you hu: Pioneer MVH - P8300BT mids: Alpine sps-600 all four corners highs: Addictive Audio ECST25A,Memphis PR tweeters back sub: 15 inch crossfire bmf box: 4 cubes at 38 hz amp: Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 To Life 140.7 on a non sealed trunk car with a five channel so far (old sub audiobahn aw1505q) Build Log http://www.stevemead...ima-56k-beware/ Feedback http://www.stevemead...s-bfd-feedback/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.