fusing?

my electrical will consist of a 250amp singer alt, big 3 in 1/0gauge, 1 upgraded under hood batt ( not sure as to what im getting on any batts yet ), 2 rear batts, 1 rockford 10 farad cap, everything will be grounded to the frame.

i will be using a t1500.1bdcp with a 200amp fuse and a t400.4 with a 100amp fuse. now since i will be using a cap do i fuse between the cap and the amps or the cap and the batts? im fairly certain it would be between the cap and the amps seeing as to how that is the closest power supply for the amps and putting a single 300amp fuse between the cap and amp just doesn't sound like it will work to protect the amps.

so what i would need is a 200amp fuse between the cap and t1500.1bdcp, a 100amp fuse between the cap and t400.4, and then a 300amp fuse between the front and rear batts correct? should i worry about fusing between the alt and the battery? ive heard some people do it and some dont but havent heard any bad stories about people who didnt fuse it. and should there be a fuse between the batts and cap?

also before anyone says anything about me using a cap, guess what am and its not changing. just answers to my questions are needed.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

for fusing the best practice is to fuse within 18 inches of any power source. Most do not fuse between alt and front batt because it is a relativly short run and both sides are hot. Between you rear batt and the caps the same argument may hold true. Safest to fuse, probably OK not to.

Definately wnat to fuse both sides of you run or runs between your front and rear battery though. so one run = two 300a fuses assuming you will be using cable that can take 300amps.

Remeber, fuses are to protect your cables from melting down, shorting out and causing a fire. If you fuse higher than the cable rating you will defeat that purpose.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

im using rockford 1/0 gauge, fairly certain i read that its good up to 300amps if not ill make sure its fused correctly. im gonna do 2 runs eventually so i would fuse them both at 150 or no higher then they are rated for right? the wire going from rear batts to cap will be no longer then about 1' long and from the cap to the amps im trying to keep it under 1 foot long.

so i will be fusing the wire going from front to rear batt, might end up doing 2 runs later down the road but only 1 for now. then fuse between the cap and the amps, when i do this i will have 1/0gauge going from the cap the the fuse block then 4 gauge to the amps since that the biggest they can take.

just remembered, in rockfords amp install kits the 1/0 gauge came with an anl fuse holder with a 300amp fuse.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived