DC Sound Lab

DC Tech Support - Tuning/setting gains/from scratch - Help me from start to finish thread

Yes you can, but that has to be done with the subs hooked up. You cant clamp and amp unloaded.

So, tune the amp with the oscope for a clean signal and calculate it output about 4400W RMS and then clamp it with the subs hooked up to see if I'm getting 4440W RMS?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

where are you at you can use my dd-1

I'm in Oregon.

I can't be spending anymore money on Car Audio products right now because I've already put 6 grand+ into this project. The last thing I spend will be a box from Chris.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

I wouldnt worry about finding out what you are getting for power. music is dynamic and the power you see will be constantly changing.

I see you guys on here clamp test your new amps to see if they output the power as rated so I'm curious to do that with the DC5K also. I'm just not sure if the XL M2's will be able to handle it -.-

pm your address ill mail you mine just dont steal it lol i need it

Thanks for the offer but I'll borrow yours as a last resort. I just want to do this how the Car Audio world has been doing it before the million dollar product came out.

I wouldnt worry about finding out what you are getting for power. music is dynamic and the power you see will be constantly changing.

I see you guys on here clamp test your new amps to see if they output the power as rated so I'm curious to do that with the DC5K also. I'm just not sure if the XL M2's will be able to handle it -.-

Trust me you will be fine. Just make sure you have clean power and you will be all good.

If it makes you feel any better, if I were to run 2 XLs I would run them on a 7.5k. I would build the box according to the power and tune everything cleanly with a 0db tone.

For Step 2 when I go to set the gains on the DC5K with the oscope, should I set my SSF all the way down? In the past I've always tuned it with my custom SSF MOD Filter set to 25Hz. What happens when I have the SSF set to a certain level vs when it's all the way down?

as long as it isnt blocking the frequency of the test tone nothing will change

This applies for the LPF that I have set to 80hz too right (I don't need to turn it all the way up)? Since I'll be using a 40hz tone the gap is pretty big and shouldn't have any weird filter slopes interfering?