Sonic Electronix

Well, I finally got rid of my old system only to find out that I need a system in my Jeep. It just does not feel the same without one. So I got my friend to lend me his subwoofer so that I could break it in for him untill he finally gets it installed in to his Bronco. The thing is that its no where near my old subwoofer and now I would like a new...newer better subwoofer then the my old subwoofer and my current subwoofer. Heres what I had for 4 years as a subwoofer and amp and heres what I have currently for subwoofer and amp.

(HAD)

Boston Acoustics Spg 1000 RMS 2 ohm subwoofer

Alpine MRP 1000

(Have now)

x2 Alpine Type E's dual 4 ohm subwoofers

Alpine MRP-500

I already had subwoofer plan in mind but I just don't have the ampflier figuered out nor the ohms. I would like a two 12" 1000 watt rms subs in a ported box. But I don't know of an amplifer to power the subs to give both subs great than or equal to 1000 per sub. And I don't know what ohm onfiguration to get both subs at. My local audio store once suggested 2 1000 watt hertz audio subwoofers powered by an Alpine MRP 2000 but that was years ago and I'm not sure if they still carry them.

I already had 2 subwoofers in mind but I am open to any suggestions that fit the opening and the 2 subwoofers are Soundqubed HDC3 12's or 2 Alpine Type X's. Both are 1000 watts each and I've only heard them through videos on youtube but I know that videos can't exactly do justice to subwoofers without actually being there.

Budget on subs per 1 sub is $300.00 and budget on amp is about $600.00.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Subs I would suggest are Fi SSD and in the D4 ohm configuration. If you get D4s it allows you to wire down to a 1 ohm load final at the amp. The amp I would suggest is a Crescendo BC2000. Both of the options I listed will work better(in my opinion) than the equipment you listed, and will come in well under budget as well.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Subs I would suggest are Fi SSD and in the D4 ohm configuration. If you get D4s it allows you to wire down to a 1 ohm load final at the amp. The amp I would suggest is a Crescendo BC2000. Both of the options I listed will work better(in my opinion) than the equipment you listed, and will come in well under budget as well.

I will look into the Fi SSD subwoofers and the Crescendo BC2000. I would probably have to go with the dual 2 ohm and wire both subs to get a 2 ohm final load because my current electrical system probably would not be able to handle a 1 ohm electrical load.

I haven't heard the Type X's but I have Type R's rated at 1000rms a piece and they hit amazing especially for only being 12's. I'm sure you would be very happy with the type X subs.

I think that you have the Type X and Type R mixed up the Type X can handle 1000 RMS and the Type R can handle 600 RMS. I would of liked to hear the Type X at my local store but they do not carry them only the Type R and below.

I went into my local car audio store to ask about the Alpine Type X and they said that they have not carried the Type X for some time and when asked how it compares to their other subs they said that they can not make an accurate judgement because they have not heard the new revamped Type X they have only heard the old Type X. They also pointed me into the direction of the Pioneer Pro Championship series the 1000 watt RMS version. I heard a demo of it in their store and it sounded ok but it was not being powered by a 1000 watt amp. The Pioneer was only being powerred by a JL 600/1 amp but it still sounded good.

Is there any other subwoofer and amp combo that I should be on the look out for?

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I will look into the Fi SSD subwoofers and the Crescendo BC2000. I would probably have to go with the dual 2 ohm and wire both subs to get a 2 ohm final load because my current electrical system probably would not be able to handle a 1 ohm electrical load.

I haven't heard the Type X's but I have Type R's rated at 1000rms a piece and they hit amazing especially for only being 12's. I'm sure you would be very happy with the type X subs.

I think that you have the Type X and Type R mixed up the Type X can handle 1000 RMS and the Type R can handle 600 RMS. I would of liked to hear the Type X at my local store but they do not carry them only the Type R and below.

I went into my local car audio store to ask about the Alpine Type X and they said that they have not carried the Type X for some time and when asked how it compares to their other subs they said that they can not make an accurate judgement because they have not heard the new revamped Type X they have only heard the old Type X. They also pointed me into the direction of the Pioneer Pro Championship series the 1000 watt RMS version. I heard a demo of it in their store and it sounded ok but it was not being powered by a 1000 watt amp. The Pioneer was only being powerred by a JL 600/1 amp but it still sounded good.

Is there any other subwoofer and amp combo that I should be on the look out for?

I agree on the Crescendo amp. Running at 2 ohms would reduce your power though. If it were me, I would buy cheaper subs, like Skar VVX or Obsidian 12's (which will both take 1,000 watts daily) and use the leftover money to upgrade electrical. Just my .02.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the new Type R's are rated at 1,000 rms.

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

No the new SWR 124d subs are rated at 1000 RMS

Someone likes to hug the Alpine nuts :/

Fi SSDs are just about the same price and a much better sub for the money. Plus they're made to order from a company with great CS. Type R's can sound amazing I'll give you that, but the Fi is on a different level. I'd put my money on the on the SSD. Type X is not worth it, I've heard it, and wasn't overly impressed.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Someone likes to hug the Alpine nuts :/

Fi SSDs are just about the same price and a much better sub for the money. Plus they're made to order from a company with great CS. Type R's can sound amazing I'll give you that, but the Fi is on a different level. I'd put my money on the on the SSD. Type X is not worth it, I've heard it, and wasn't overly impressed.

I wish I knew about Fi when I was looking at subs, I mean I like the Type R's but after I heard the SSD it made me reconsider haha

Archived