Sundown Audio

running at 0.5 ohm

scratchy

throw one in the back

Or 2  :^

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

would one taurus 647 batt in the back as a second battery be sufficient till I can upgrade the alt?

Any battery at this point will help. even the cheapo's from the auto parts store will help.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

It all depends on how the amps regulate the PS. On most designs the PWM will just keep upping the duty cycle at the MosFET gates to compensate. If it's allowed to get too far out of control the output of the mosfets will start to look more and more like straight DC. I don't have to tell you what eventually happens to them.

- Matt

SMDsigbannr4.jpg FTW?

I am running the stock alt, no idea on its rating though.

We run 4 runs in db drag here. 3 with the car of and one with the car running(2000rpm)

So i need the second battery for the first 3 runs and not so much for the last run?

I have no idea what too do  :'(

then im rambo bitch

I am running the stock alt, no idea on its rating though.

We run 4 runs in db drag here. 3 with the car of and one with the car running(2000rpm)

So i need the second battery for the first 3 runs and not so much for the last run?

I have no idea what too do  :'(

Yes, the more you play music while the car is off (especially at high volumes), the more battery power you need. The more battery power you have the longer it will take to drop the voltage (~12.5 V) of the batteries-simply because you have MORE available current.

Rule of thumb: One battery for every 500 Watts RMS of amplifier power.

Archived