Jump to content

Need help!! Headlights, taillight, and dash lights flickering constantly???


Recommended Posts

Posted

I had a suburban that did that, it ended up being a bad headlight switch.

It's could be a number of things that cause this, starting from the basics and work your way through is a good start.

Posted

I had a suburban that did that, it ended up being a bad headlight switch.

I heard that too. I have an appointment at a really good auto electric shop but can't get in til next Wednesday :/

Posted

I had a suburban that did that, it ended up being a bad headlight switch.

It's could be a number of things that cause this, starting from the basics and work your way through is a good start.

Yea I could be a number of things, but a switch IS one of the basics, and I would start there rather than checking the battery terminals for corrosion or connection issues. The fact that the only thing wrong is flickering headlights/tail lights/dash lights and everything else works fine tells me to look at that particular circuit first instead of wasting my time messing with the battery which wouldn't make only the lights flicker and nothing else.

Posted

Good point considering the light switch controls the dash lights too. Ill check the stealership on my lunch to see how bad they rape ya on that. The light switch is on the left side of the steering column so I'm hoping for a quick easy fix. But the battery positive is barely visible due to the thick corrosion, so that's a quick fix ( or preventative fix too ) guess ill be doing the big 3 sooner than I though as well :)

Posted

Yea I'm not saying the battery corrosion shouldn't be fixed, cause it should...I'm just saying that is probably not the problem here seeing as the only thing affected is just the lights on that one switch.

Good luck man, hope it's an easy fix for ya.

Posted

Yea I'm not saying the battery corrosion shouldn't be fixed, cause it should...I'm just saying that is probably not the problem here seeing as the only thing affected is just the lights on that one switch.

Good luck man, hope it's an easy fix for ya.

Thanks man, me too! Lol. The battery the grounds, and the switch. Well at least it's narrowed down. I have heard that these cars do have bad grounds as well? Either way thanks again everyone and ill keep ya posted

Posted

I'm not sure about those cars having bad grounds, but the big 3 should help that if it is a problem. Oh and don't limit yourself to just looking at the dealership for the switch if you do replace it, check www.rockauto.com and maybe even your local auto parts stores. The dealership will most likely be the most expensive.

Posted

well now the "Charging system failure" light came on.. Gonna see if I can make it to Autozone tomorrow for a alt/battery test.. Been reading up on this and alot of times ppl swap in a new alt/battery and its still not the issue... Hmm

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5077 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...