Mids/highs fuzzy sound when bass hits? Help!

TeamHirshAudio

I see nothing about your mids and highs listed on your Signature ...

What are they ?? How do you have them installed ?? Do you have them on a amplifier ?? How are they crossed over (active or passive) ???

My guess is that there is nothing wrong with them, your bass is just simply drowing them out and your mids and highs simply do not have enough power to keep up ...

MTX 6x9s running off of an MTX 4 channel and a pair of MTX crossovers.

You have a pair (2) of 6x9s set up on a 4 channel amp ?? passive ?? Are you using only 2 channels of that 4 channel amp ??

any pics of your install ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

You have a pair (2) of 6x9s set up on a 4 channel amp ?? passive ?? Are you using only 2 channels of that 4 channel amp ??

any pics of your install ??

I have 2 pair of 6x9s running off of the 4 channel, using all 4 channels on the amp.

I dont know if it is passive or not, what does that mean?

And i do not have any pics of the speakers just the amp where it is set up.

Does it do it with every CD?

Yeah every single cd, it just starts getting all choppy and replaying some parts and weird.. Then the mids and highs get all scratchy..

If it is replaying some parts of the track it is skipping the disk

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

If it's replaying parts, the head unit is really the only thing it can be here. I think it's just the bass vibrating the shit out of your head unit... Does it do this with the bass turned down/off?

No this only happens when I start to crank it! The head unit is older but a damn nice one and I hate to see it go but I really need an AUX input :/ should I just get a new head unit then?

Archived