I have been looking for a paint shop for almost 5 weeks!!!!!!!! NOBODY DOES A CLASSIC! The only shop around here, Affordable Classics, was full of idiots who seem to not like money?? I'm still not exactly clear as to why, but they don't seem to want to paint my car, and the only explanation I got was, "Well we only do around 5 paint jobs a year, soooo yeaaa..........." So I guess they won't do it....

And every place I can find online and have called has told me they don't do classics, and the only places I've been referred to have either stopped doing classics, or have heard some terrible things about them from other people. I know we have alot of people from california in here, but are there any people in here that can refer me to a shop near Redondo Beach (90278)????? I know I can find a place in the valley, but driving that far is a real bitch, especially during the holidays.....Any help is really appreciated.

Cost isn't a factor as long as they take insurance from AAA. They shop also has to be able to match paint, or create a nice candy paint.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Bro, its seems like you got it in your head that only a shop that that does classics can fix your car.

But by looking at the pics in your other thread its seems to me that any good body shop around you should be able to handle it. Sand the scratch, fill if needed, primer & paint. And I doubt they would colormatch the paint and rather do a blend job.

A good blend job should be inpossible to notice the re-paint.

Now if we were talking about fixing rust and doing a restoration that would be a whole different story.

Hope this makes it easier for you to find a Shop.

Bro, its seems like you got it in your head that only a shop that that does classics can fix your car.

But by looking at the pics in your other thread its seems to me that any good body shop around you should be able to handle it. Sand the scratch, fill if needed, primer & paint. And I doubt they would colormatch the paint and rather do a blend job.

A good blend job should be inpossible to notice the re-paint.

Now if we were talking about fixing rust and doing a restoration that would be a whole different story.

Hope this makes it easier for you to find a Shop.

Thats only in my head because thats only what I've found. I called 37 shops, and they all told me no, and I've been to about half of them for an estimate/inspection and they won't do it because the candy paint is hard to match and because of the candied paint, any repaint would be noticed. The only shop I went to today that even said yes at all was still very reserved about doing it, he was saying how it was most likely acrylic and he isn't allowed (regulations) to use anything but water based and so I would have to go down to primer and repaint the whole thing..........................and he said it was $7000 just to start no matter what, and to go from there probably around $11k-12k after taxes and materials and labor, and it would probably takes 2-3 months...................he said I should just sell it.....very helpful, moron.

Anyway I'm thinking I might just do it myself and take it to Macco to have them spray only, as in, D?A sand it all the way to metal, fix all rust and bondo, epoxy primer, primer, block, primer, block, rinse repeat.......and once the body is perfect Ill get some duPont of PPG and just take it to them, give very specific direction and a tip to my painter, seal the whole thing myself, tape, and remove ALL trim and possible overspray sights. I have heard MANY, many stories of very good paintjobs as long as you do a perfect prep job, use GOOD paint, remove all overspray areas yourself, and TIP the painter. all for around $1000

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

Thats the thing, I don't know when it was painted, and I can't contact the previous owner of the car so I can't ask him.

I missed Alan.

That sucks. The first thing that needs to be found out if that is acrylic paint on your car. Need to take a paint chip or gas filler door or any other small part of the car to a place where the paint can be analyzed to find out what it is and the make up of the paint.. Iwent to your other thread and looked at the pics closely. It kinda appears to be acrylic but it is hard to tell just by looking at pics. The only place to stop blending the paint on that color would be the roof line other wise it probably would be noticeable.

Is the fire wall and the inside of the trunkthe same color as the rest of the car?

yea, door jambs, under hood, trunk and everything

I missed Alan.

Archived