whats your fav gaming mouse?

I just tried a mouse speed test and found out my factory computer mouse is poop

I must improve so im looking at some gaming mice

I started looking and theres hundreds of them from $5-$150

I don't want 2 buy some over priced piece of doodoo

whats your guys favorite brands or models?

i found a thread similar 2 this from 2010 but he got no responses please help me! Thanks!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/96334-looking-for-a-gaming-mouse-thats-cheap-but-good/

**actin bad like a kid at six flags**

Gaming mouse wise I went back and forth a lot from Razer to Logitech trying out new mice.

Almost every Logitech mouse had failed on me with the right click, dont know why it was always the right on not the left, but ehhhh. Maybe I was just a lot harder pushing that button.

I had 2 Logitech mx512s, and 3 mx518s ( I really loved the 518, but consistent failure rate left me moving on). I also tried the Logitech g5 which was pretty much a 518, but had a weighted cartridge you could add/remove weights too.

Now in the above mice I was trying Razer gaming mice. These where always bad ass mice, they seem to offer newer products, and reaching new technology, larger dpi settings (dots per inch), and even on the fly change of those dpi settings, along with software that allowed you to precisely control your mouses X and Y speed independently, turn on/off or precisely adjust your mouse acceleration, change the rate of your double click speed, turn the mouse LED lights on/off, and so on, as well as being able to program the various buttons on the mouse for what you need them to do.

My first Razer mouse I was absolutely mind blown by the options.

The other cool goodies with their mice was they came with a new/spare set of mouse feet (those slick pads on the bottom of your mouse to make them glide across the pad), and usually always came with 2 Razer stickers for whatever, and proof of product authentication which imo is just extra clutter to fill your trash bag with.

My first Razer mouse was the Diamondback, what drew me to it was the contour was similar to the MX series logitech, so it felt like it belonged in my hand right off the bat.

I also tried the origional deathadder mouse, and the newer version which is a higher dpi (3500 vs the stock 1600 iirc), and currently I got both my stepdad using the newer Deathadders on his PC because he liked it a lot when he used it on my computer, he is in his upper 60s if that means anything with arthritis.

My last Razer purchased was the Lachesis this mouse I used for a long time until recently giving it to my mom to replace her deathadder (which was my old 1st gen model that was giving to her to replace a microsoft mouse). Id say that the mouse she had was a solid 4 years old if not 5, and it was starting to fail and double click on its own, I took it apart and cleaned it, but only fixed it for so long with all her pets (multiple parrots, dog, and cat) along with cigarette ashes, and my gaming abuse previously before she got it.

Now I kinda took a step away and am using a Cyborg RAT7 mouse, this thing is INSANE and pushed the gaming mice envelope farther. Similar options in the software as Razer, but this mouse is built to fit your hand, it comes with a few extra pieces to swap out, removable weights, the ability to adjust the thumb button rest/switches forward and backwords as well as the angle with for your thumb, there are 2 different height palm rests, as well as the ability to slide it out for a longer hand or slide it in for a shorter hand, oh and a rest for your pink if your want it on the mouse.

Gaming wise, you never want a wireless mouse, nor for that matter a battery operated mouse.

Batteries add un needed weight which slows down your movement, and getting owned in a game because your batteries decided to go dead is not going to make you happy.

No matter how new the tech is on wireless mice, there is still a latency issue with the mouse, meaning after you click the mouse button, the mouse sends that info to the receiver, then the receiver sends it to the computer can sometimes take to long and be late. So its possible to miss your shot.

Another way to look at it as Wireless B or Wireless N for that matter internet speed from your router, vs the speed you get when your plugged directly into your router with a Ethernet cable and the internet being damn near twice as fast. Wireless lags, tho it may not be noticeable in typical computer use.

For this reason alone there are 3 bad ass wireless mice I wanted, but didnt by due to just the battery life and latency.

A great mousepad makes a world of difference too. QCK and Razer makes some great pads, some of the best actually but I still find myself using my old beat up qck pad over my like new larger razer pad with my new rat7 mouse because it glides better on it. So it comes down to preference.

thanks alot that really helped

i hate wireless and mouses with alot of buttons

everytime i go left or right quick im pushing stuff

that Cyborg RAT7 mouse looks nice and under $100 too but id have issues

some of these mice have laser engines? idk if thats what i should be looking for in a quality product

i would def want something with 6k+ dpi, wired, and simple buttons

**actin bad like a kid at six flags**

I love my Razer Naga.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

had a few razars over the years there nice had the naga good for lot of macro buttons and customization and all had g5 and now have g500 if you dont need a ton of extra buttons g500 is cheap and very good mouse only downfall it has for me is non braided cord but other then that works wonders playing bf3 and LoL

RlYlm.png

Big Wheels Are Like G-Strings...Anyone can put them on but it don't mean they look good.....

Care to explain whats wrong with them being laser?

Most the top line gaming mice are laser, and is the newer thing I thought?

A lot of my past mice where lazer (cyborg rat7, razer lachesis, logitech g5), personally, I can tell no real difference in laser vs infrared like my old deathadders.

But then again, im not one of those high dpi freaks that cares about how little I can move my mouse, but yet just the slightest movement it goes across a 25inch screen..

Im running 1600dpi on my rat7 (it can go up to 6400dpi).

I prefer a large mouse pad, low sensitivity, and no mouse acceleration for my gaming style which is mostly first person shooters.

To give you an idea of my mousepad size......lol

20121012_040513_zps6c584cee.jpg

Yeah I don't understand why people love high dpi and jacked up sensitivity. It's like the CoD kids who claim they are MLG and have their sensitivity at 14 because they feel like it makes them a pro.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Looking to go with one of the steelseries mice in a month or two here.

http://steelseries.c...s/products/mice

They are said to have great mice, I always wanted to try them but most of them are the same mice each a different color for every new game that comes out.

Now their Keyboards are the bomb, but you pay for them, but you pay for any mechanical keyboard.

As I said I got a QCK pad that I just started to use again with this rat7 mouse because I feel the performance is better, but the pad is beat and very old, but similar to this one and love it, my next neweqq order Ill probably buy a new one http://steelseries.com/us/products/surfaces/steelseries-qck-heavy

Archived