Ring terminal bigger than the wire

Yeah, I don't think that's 1/0... unless you have giant hands.

Toa ll the people saying its not's 1/0, quit being ignorant, he has a pic of the damn wire with 1/0 written on it.

Thanks lol, I actually had to add the picture due to everyone saying it wasn't 1/0 when I told them what wire it was. I guess they haven't heard of Knukonceptz :ughdunno:

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

My problem was always the reverse.

My 1/0 never fit in the 1/0 ring terminal.... Weird.

That's exactly what I was waiting to happen. I wish they would list the inside diameter of the hole for the wire.

Toa ll the people saying its not's 1/0, quit being ignorant, he has a pic of the damn wire with 1/0 written on it.

He just added them -_-

Anyway, just squeeze them with a vice like you said, but first squeeze one side so one side goes under the other if you know what I mean. I've done it for some 4 gauge before with no problems.

Yupp I know exactly what you mean and was planning on doing that

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Thanks lol, I actually had to add the picture due to everyone saying it wasn't 1/0 when I told them what wire it was. I guess they haven't heard of Knukonceptz :ughdunno:

You also said they are 1/0 terminals when they obviously are not.

And jeez I didn't realize you had that many terminals... If you're gonna have to solder all those, I'd try to sell em and get the right size.

Yeah I should have said oversized 1/0 rt. I just figured oversized rt would work with oversized 1/0 wire.

Ha I bought 30 because I figured I would screw something up along the way since it will be my first time soldering 1/0. iirc it is around 20 I need to solder. I

Soldering 1/0 is easy, the biggest I have done is 1awg, and my first time, never messed up a single one. Soldering a ring terminal onto 1/0 is easier than soldering two 14awg wires together. Make sure your ring terminals are snug(as snugg as you can get) around the wire, not the sleeve. Hit the back with a torch and start pooling the solder into the open part of the terminal, let it cool, and presto!

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Soldering 1/0 is easy, the biggest I have done is 1awg, and my first time, never messed up a single one. Soldering a ring terminal onto 1/0 is easier than soldering two 14awg wires together. Make sure your ring terminals are snug(as snugg as you can get) around the wire, not the sleeve. Hit the back with a torch and start pooling the solder into the open part of the terminal, let it cool, and presto!

I do mine until I can see it wicking into the wire and continue until I can see it at the bottom of the terminal - that way I know I have good solder penetration. Then take the heat off, let it harden, then blast the top and fill it in the rest of the way with solder so it looks nice and clean - but that's an aesthetic step haha.

I can cut open one of my wires and I don't see any dry spots

I might as well ask these other questions in here as well since they are related. The solder needed is 60/40, tin/lead or lead/tin?

When heating up the ring terminal, won't it start melting the jacket on the wire? It just seems to me that when something gets that hot on rubber that its going to melt it. Or do you just have to do everything sort of quickly so that it doesn't melt the jacket?

Keep the flame away a bit

I used a big ass torch... to much heat for too long will cause the solder to pour out the bottom and cause the jacket to melt

But there really is no science to it.. ive seen it done a few different ways find what works for you :P

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Archived