why are my hids turning into strobe lights?

Damn sorry didn't see the relay part figured I'd try to jump the gun and Matbe throw out a quick solution

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

You need to add a capacitor (not a car audio one) to your harness to stabilize the voltage. This is a common issue with mazdas and if you google Mazda flickering hid fix you will find many threads that show how to properly wire it.

Headunit: Pioneer avh-1400dvd

Subs: DC Audio lvl 4 18 with carbon fibre dustcaps

Sub amp: Rockford T2500-1bdcp

Mids & Highs: RF Prime 5.25's + Focal Polyglass 6.5s

Highs Amp: RF T600-4

Batts: XS Power D975, XS Power D925

Alt: Mechman 270a

Wires: Shok Industries 1/0, RF RCA's and Shok 12/8 gauge speaker wires

Deadening: Second Skin

TEAM DC

TEAM SHOK

You need to add a capacitor (not a car audio one) to your harness to stabilize the voltage. This is a common issue with mazdas and if you google Mazda flickering hid fix you will find many threads that show how to properly wire it.

i already have one in it. been in there since day one

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Do you have photos of how you installed it? I ran into this issue with my brothers car and it took hooking up the capacitor right into the factory harness and then from there i plugged in the relay harness.

Headunit: Pioneer avh-1400dvd

Subs: DC Audio lvl 4 18 with carbon fibre dustcaps

Sub amp: Rockford T2500-1bdcp

Mids & Highs: RF Prime 5.25's + Focal Polyglass 6.5s

Highs Amp: RF T600-4

Batts: XS Power D975, XS Power D925

Alt: Mechman 270a

Wires: Shok Industries 1/0, RF RCA's and Shok 12/8 gauge speaker wires

Deadening: Second Skin

TEAM DC

TEAM SHOK

just because you already have relay and cap doesn't exclude them from crapping out even if they are relativly new. Get another relay and cap harness from DDM swap them out and see if it continues. The ones in there right now might be burning out from within and be causing problems.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

I just skimmed through all the post, but I had a similar problem in my f250 where the gauges went all crazy then went completely off then the truck died. It turned out to be a dead alternator and battery causing the issue. Not sure if that helps but thought it might possibly.

BABYJUICE

Not a good way to start off the New Year brother ... Best of luck with this

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 3 weeks later...

try adding a 2nd capacitor inline with the first one. when it's not getting enough voltage you still might not have stabilized the voltage enough with one cap. i help out at xtreme HID in san jose when i'm free and i installed some on a tow truck with drls. ran a relay but it was so big and the hood opens i had to extend the wires of the relay. probably because it was so far from the battery and the wire gauge wasn't big enough i had to use 2 capacitors on the passener side.

Archived