So here we have the Second Skin Luxury Liner Pro. The reason why this is all going in the trunk is for noise cancelation purposes. When i first installed the box i noticed there was a lot of flex and little sound and then that’s when i realized what was happening. So with the 2 layers of dampening material, Luxury liner pro and the carpeting i figured that would absorb as much sound as possible to stop the sound waves from the trunk to making it up front and it made a HUGE, HUGE.......HUGE difference in the end. :slayer:

img20120823175226.jpg

img20120823175250.jpg

img20120823175357.jpg

img20120823175717.jpg

img20120824155743.jpg

img20120824155802.jpg

img20121012124443.jpg

149.4 Db @ 30Hz Outlaw With One 15" Fi Team Sub, Trunk Build. !!!!!Hair Tricks!!!!!

Check Out The Build Log http://www.stevemead...0-4-and-t400-4/

Watch The Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jcplaya3

sigpb.jpg

why did you make it with 17.45sq in of port?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Memphis is right, its Per a ft... 77.50sq in total. When i was talking with one of the guys from FI about my box design I asked him what was more important for higher output....."A larger Net Volume or Port Area." He said both are important but he recommended that i go with around 17sq in of port. I didnt realize it would make the box so "peaky" lol

149.4 Db @ 30Hz Outlaw With One 15" Fi Team Sub, Trunk Build. !!!!!Hair Tricks!!!!!

sigpb.jpg

Memphis is right, its Per a ft... 77.50sq in total. When i was talking with one of the guys from FI about my box design I asked him what was more important for higher output....."A larger Net Volume or Port Area." He said both are important but he recommended that i go with around 17sq in of port. I didnt realize it would make the box so "peaky" lol

Yeah that is reallllllllly peaky, how far are you able to play under your tuning?

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

So anything above 17 is peaky? The 12-16 sq in per cubic foot is a rule of thumb. It isn't the only way to do things. Plenty of set ups have bigger ports, more sq in per foot, and do great. The whole "sq in of port per cubic foot" thing is misleading as well as useless if you ask me.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

Yeah that is reallllllllly peaky, how far are you able to play under your tuning?

About 5 Hz up and below tuning at full tilt, then i start getting to much excursion. It still will play anything pretty much just not loud. Yea....you live and learn......But DAMN at tuning does it bangggggg!! :nuts:

So anything above 17 is peaky? The 12-16 sq in per cubic foot is a rule of thumb. It isn't the only way to do things. Plenty of set ups have bigger ports, more sq in per foot, and do great. The whole "sq in of port per cubic foot" thing is misleading as well as useless if you ask me.

From what i understand a really large port area is for only burping at certain freq......thats why most SPL setups have extra large ports (Per cf)

sigpb.jpg

The port area shouldn't be associated with box volume. They're not dependent on one another. Port size should be determined by the Vd of the sub/cone area/xmax, amplifier power, and tuning.

In a way yes, My box is a 2.5 Cu ft box tuned to 28Hz with 14.8sq in of port per ft. I can barely hit anything 40 and under up to my tuning of 28hz. Antyhign above 40Hz wangs. Now if I hade my box 3.5 cu ft instead, with the same tuning and port area, I would prob slam like all hell in the 30's.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

The port area shouldn't be associated with box volume. They're not dependent on one another. Port size should be determined by the Vd of the sub/cone area/xmax, amplifier power, and tuning.

Well as many people as i asked no one ever gave me a answer like that...From what calculated the 15" Sp4 has a Vd of 5.346 Liters. So now this is telling me it can displace 5 liters of air in one full stroke....Now what do i do? lol

Also what acoustics and physical properties does the box volume and port area effect on the subwoofer??? (Excursion, Sound/Output)

sigpb.jpg

Archived