Jump to content

MP 4 files sound better / louder ???


Recommended Posts

Posted

pretty sure it's the bit rate that is making the songs sound bad.

higher bit rate sounds a lot cleaner and louder on the highs

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Posted

After listening to ALAC/FLAC and even 256kbps+ songs for so long, when I listen to songs that are less than 256 I can really hear some slight muddiness

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Posted

I hear you guys..... and the thing that sucks, is that even if a file shows that it is a 320bps, it could have actually been a 128bps file, converted and saved as 320bps.... which of course sounds no better than a 128bps file in the first place....

Probably wouldn't ever happen from a larger, more reputable music company though.....

Fish

Posted

Yupp. That is why when I DL music, since most of the time its illegal lol, I go with a reputable album rip that is either Itunes or true 320kbps

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Posted

Usually when you get an MP4 file it's from iTunes so it's bit rate will be 256kbps and usually mp3s will be 128kbps both usually will have a 44.1kHz sampling rate. CD's are not mp4 they're converted to mp4 by default in itunes though.

Personally I use mp3s with 320kbps bit rate 44.1kHz sampling rate and I adjust the gain of them in software so they don't clip and they all have the same sound level.

BTW both MP3 and MP4 are lossy formats if you really want to have the best sound out of a digital format use a lossless format such as WAV, AIFF, or FLAC.

Exactly.

I'm the same way. For the car, nothing less than 256kbps and preferably 320 or greater. I use either MP3 Gain or Audacity or some such program to make sure there is no clipping- especially with something that I plan on wearing out. But just like you said- if you want to put on your golden ears, you had better use a lossless format.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install


You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2954 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...