Jump to content

Looking for inputs on a set of components.


Mario928

Recommended Posts

Posted

http://www.wooferset...ent-system.aspx

That's what I have

And I didn't get them from there either

But I don't seen why you wouldn't want them from the cheapest place possible

They were dearer there when I got mine due to freight so I got them local

I am looking at 6 1/2 components. The 6 1/2 are way over my price point,

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

Posted

What do you guys think about installing sundown in the front and getting a decent pair of midbass or coaxials in the rear? Is there a big difference in sound from the sundown comp and the focal k2? I have no idea how the focals sounds like. The sundown comp are really nice but i am just wondering if its worth spending 500 dollars on a pair of speaker?

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

Posted

I don't think you'll be disappointed in those K2's in the least, if i could get a set for a few hundred less than retail i'd be all over it in a heartbeat.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

I still want an explanation... from anyone?!?!....

thanks...

From Rainbows site it says they are biampable, and if you zoom in on the crossover you'll see where it shows to hook them up.

http://www.rainbowca...230-25germ.html

LOL,.. no one understood me....

geez

Haha I understood you perfectly, I had the same thought.

But to the OP, that is an excellent price for those Focal speakers. I have heard them in person and loved the sound. Never heard the hertz 165 tho so I can't comment on them

Team NorthWestSPL

Posted

Got it, Kyle. I think John is confusing bi-ampable with active.

Hey stang is there a big difference in sound quality from Hertz and sundown comp? I have the sundown comp but I dont have access to lisen to the Hertz. What do you think I should do. Install the sundown in the front and get some mids or coaxial in the rear or go with the focals or hertz and install the sundowns on the rear? What would you suggest me to do?

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I think hertz drop their prices. I am almost sure that i am going to get these http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9612-hsk-165-hertz-65-2-way-hi-energy-component-system.aspx

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1089 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...