Mario928 Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 Does anyone have experince with Focal K2 Power 165KR? There is a dealer close that have these on display. But they are not connected so i cant lisen to them in person. All i have read is that they sound good. But i am trying to decide on what to get for 500 dollars. Is 500 a good price for the Focal k2? Are there any better ones that i can get with this kind of money. I was wondering if its worth the extra 100 for the hertz hi energy hsk 165. I am going to be powering it with sundown 125.4. I know that its probably not going to take it but i have dd-1 and i can turn it down a notch. Build Under Construction Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514 Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4 Battery = XS D3400 Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger Mids and Highs = Stock Sub= Kicker L7 12" Alternator = 220 Mechman Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill
Mario928 Posted January 4, 2013 Author Report Posted January 4, 2013 bump. Build Under Construction Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514 Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4 Battery = XS D3400 Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger Mids and Highs = Stock Sub= Kicker L7 12" Alternator = 220 Mechman Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill
john253a Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 Have you thought about the sundown comps for 200 I thing you need to look at is that the crossover that comes with the set alows for twin imputs To run active as your using a 4ch If you are looking in the 5-600 mark Idd look at rainbow I have theis in my g8 in all 4 doors and love them http://www.woofersetc.com/p-7040-cs-23025-rainbow-germanium-525-2-way-component-system.aspx If you had a 2ch idd recomemend http://www.woofersetc.com/p-7471-cmx-465-extreme-rainbow-power-cmx-65-double-woofer-component-system.aspx
Evan_P Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 The Focals are about $700 online so that is a good deal. As far as sound quality goes, I can't really say, but I imagine they sound great. I have there bottom line Access 165 A1 kit in my truck running off a Rockford R125-2. They sound absolutely amazing. I can only imagine what there upper end ones sound like.
Kyblack76 Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 You can use the passive x-over to run active? Explain. The dual inputs are not used for Bi-amping? Show me!???!.. Thanks Edit- at john SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
memphisBred Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 I wouldn't buy Rainbow from woofersetc. They're not authorized/dealers. SMD Super Seller/Buyer Audison----Hertz----Rainbow
Skullz Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 From what i have read from other people is that they say they are an amazing set of speakers and if you can get them at a sweet deal then i would snag them up. I like hertz brand myself and might get another set or step up and try the audison voce speaker set, but that will have to wait a bit when the money becomes available. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Kyblack76 Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 I still want an explanation... from anyone?!?!.... thanks... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
OrionStang Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 Bi-amping isn't active, Kyle, still a passive crossover. Set crossover point. The Hertz 165XL set can take that 125.4 active all day Mario. The mids will laugh at 125 watts, and the tweets will be right in the sweet spot. Cross them at 3k. 2800 if the amps crossover allows. As for the Focal set, Im not sure if they can handle the power active, but most certainly if use only two channels and run passive. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Skullz Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 I still want an explanation... from anyone?!?!.... thanks... From Rainbows site it says they are biampable, and if you zoom in on the crossover you'll see where it shows to hook them up. http://www.rainbowcaraudio.com/cs230-25germ.html 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.