Second Skin Audio

how to wire to 1 ohm!?

BiiiGWaves

I swear i did that already, that's what i meant when i said i ran one positive from one coil and one negative from the other coil on the same sub, and i did it for both.. I bought these little crimp things from lowes today, the things you attach to the end of your speaker wire then connect it to the terminal cup. Im not sure if they're meant for car audio, could they be the problem?

spade connectors are fine. thats why they fit perfectly over the terminals on the sub. companies wouldn't do that unless they didn't want you to use those types of connectors.

are you SURE that you headunits subwoofer function is turned on? a lot of headunits have it off by default. what kind of deck are you using?

Just like the picture...connect all positives together and all negatives

The subs are in their own seperate chamber with seperate terminal cups. What I do not understand about the diagram is how are all the positives connected as well as the negatives.. Are the wires twisted together or something? Or do they just go to their own seperate terminal cup and meet at the amp?

I swear i did that already, that's what i meant when i said i ran one positive from one coil and one negative from the other coil on the same sub, and i did it for both.. I bought these little crimp things from lowes today, the things you attach to the end of your speaker wire then connect it to the terminal cup. Im not sure if they're meant for car audio, could they be the problem?

spade connectors are fine. thats why they fit perfectly over the terminals on the sub. companies wouldn't do that unless they didn't want you to use those types of connectors.

are you SURE that you headunits subwoofer function is turned on? a lot of headunits have it off by default. what kind of deck are you using?

It's a pioneer premier head unit, an older one.. But i just had subs on it the other day, playing just fine. maybe it did get reset or something I will check, but my components running from my other amp are playing just fine...

the subwoofer function is separate from the mids and highs. if you can, consult the manual. if you cant find the manual, you will more than likely be able to find it on the internet (like pioneers support site)

go through all the different menus in your deck.

edit: you never know, maybe the rca's got pulled out from the back of the headunit. it can happen.

the subwoofer function is separate from the mids and highs. if you can, consult the manual. if you cant find the manual, you will more than likely be able to find it on the internet (like pioneers support site)

edit: you never know, maybe the rca's got pulled out from the back of the headunit. it can happen.

My deck is sitting on my arm rest in my car, the rca's are definately in i am going to check the functions right now tho... I really think it is how i wired it tho. Let me try and explain it a little clearer just to make sure we're on the same page. I have a normal piece of speaker wire, with positive and negative ends. Negative connected to one voice coil(same sub) positive connected to the other voice coil. Both subs are wired the exact same. The negative strand runs directly to the negative side of the terminal cup and the positive running to the positive. Then I run normal positive and negative speaker wire from both terminal cups to the amp.. Any problems there??

Your subs are in seperate chambers with their own terminal cup? That's probably why you're not getting any sound, the subs are not wired together. Would running one positive and negative cup to the amp and have jumpers from them to the other cups work for him since they're seperated?

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

My deck is sitting on my arm rest in my car, the rca's are definately in i am going to check the functions right now tho... I really think it is how i wired it tho. Let me try and explain it a little clearer just to make sure we're on the same page. I have a normal piece of speaker wire, with positive and negative ends. Negative connected to one voice coil(same sub) positive connected to the other voice coil. Both subs are wired the exact same. The negative strand runs directly to the negative side of the terminal cup and the positive running to the positive. Then I run normal positive and negative speaker wire from both terminal cups to the amp.. Any problems there??

i'm terrible at reading peoples descriptions. as long as all the +'s are together and all the -'s are together, that is fine.

Your subs are in seperate chambers with their own terminal cup? That's probably why you're not getting any sound, the subs are not wired together. Would running one positive and negative cup to the amp and have jumpers from them to the other cups work for him since they're seperated?

But the amp has two speaker intake areas (lol dont know what to call it) and it's mono block so doesn't the amp connect them?

Archived