Second Skin Audio

how to wire to 1 ohm!?

BiiiGWaves

I have 2 12 inch dual voice coil 4 ohm re audio sex subwoofers with a brutus 1200 wattrms mono block amp. How do I wire to 1 ohm? I tried running one positive from one voice coil and one negative from the other on the same woofer, but it's not even playing. My amp turns on so I'm thinking it must be a wiring problem. the subs are each in their own chamber by the way.. Please help!

I have 2 12 inch dual voice coil 4 ohm re audio sex subwoofers with a brutus 1200 wattrms mono block amp. How do I wire to 1 ohm? I tried running one positive from one voice coil and one negative from the other on the same woofer, but it's not even playing. My amp turns on so I'm thinking it must be a wiring problem. the subs are each in their own chamber by the way.. Please help!

i know this is about sub wiring and u think thats what it is but just 4 me.....

check and make sure your remote wire is connected correctly

that sneaky remote is always messing with me

**actin bad like a kid at six flags**

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

end thread.

I swear i did that already, that's what i meant when i said i ran one positive from one coil and one negative from the other coil on the same sub, and i did it for both.. I bought these little crimp things from lowes today, the things you attach to the end of your speaker wire then connect it to the terminal cup. Im not sure if they're meant for car audio, could they be the problem?

i know this is about sub wiring and u think thats what it is but just 4 me.....

check and make sure your remote wire is connected correctly

that sneaky remote is always messing with me

My amp turns on right when i start my car, so I think the remote wire is fine. That's its only purpose right?

by the way, dont just try random shit. thats how you end up with fucked up equipment. you're either know what it is that you're trying to do, or you dont.

I read a thread from this site, that's where i got the idea from. And I followed it to the T. I'm no trying to ruin my stuff, not after i spent all that money..

Archived