2007 Volvo S40: LOOK WHAT I GOT!!! Deal of the century!

And yes your right they are a PAIN IN THE ASS to work on. i remember the trouble i had fitting just 8 gauge wire through my firewall, lol. I wont be doing the Big 3 myself because i do nottttt wanna mess my baby up. I know people at JR's Vovo (best volvo repair/mechanics in KY) and they said they'd do it for me so im gonna trust them more ! Haha.

Had to run my 4 gauge through the passenger side, was a pain to find a place to run the wire through.

Glad you know mechanics that will do it for you with the proper equipment, my car is hard to work on, and it's a 98, since yours is an 07, I imagine it being more complex, so smart move if you're not comfortable to work on it.

Yeah forreal, aint tryna spend a whole day in a volvo engine. hahaha.

Anyone think of any other upgrades/"look cool" stuff i could do to this car?

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

You could add deadener to the doors to get better sound quality from your nice T2 components

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Yeah i was planning on doing that after i do my trunk, and headliner. It hard to get the deadner bare sheet metal on those doors though cuz the only opening there is the speaker hole. Fml

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

Ah makes me miss my s40!! PSI FTW I ran a recone 15" on a Konaki motor & a Dave the box guys value series box 3.5 cubes @ 37hz off of a BXi2100 and it hit hard!

Nice build! The newer Gen S40s can be a pain!

Saturn Ion Redline - XS Power Batts(S3400/D680) / (1) Optima Yellowtop / (1) Nations Electric 275a Ecotec Alt - (1) W7 12- BMW E90 - (1) 15" "MD Sounds" Konaki reconed by PSI / /(2) Batcaps

Ah makes me miss my s40!! PSI FTW I ran a recone 15" on a Konaki motor & a Dave the box guys value series box 3.5 cubes @ 37hz off of a BXi2100 and it hit hard!

Yeah your telling me. German cars >>>>>> but the audio builds <<<<<<<< hahaha. American cars are so much easier to work on!!

Im not making any plans for sure but im think of either gettin the new Sundown X 10's, the new Z 10's, or a single nightshade 12.... Not sure yet but i will be done with planning in the net month or so. Im either getting Rockford amps T2500 (Duh, if. An afford them) lol or Crescendo amp 2K (jmaybe 2?) and ill be working with mechman to see if i can get a universal fit alternator, all XS Power batts. Looking to hit 145+

Yeah your telling me. German cars >>>>>> but the audio builds <<<<<<<< hahaha. American cars are so much easier to work on!!

Im not making any plans for sure but im think of either gettin the new Sundown X 10's, the new Z 10's, or a single nightshade 12.... Not sure yet but i will be done with planning in the net month or so. Im either getting Rockford amps T2500 (Duh, if. An afford them) lol or Crescendo amp 2K (jmaybe 2?) and ill be working with mechman to see if i can get a universal fit alternator, all XS Power batts. Looking to hit 145+

Hope you have better luck with Mechman than me, they won't do my car, but I think I seen some alts for newer Volvo's though.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I like those components the mid looks actually pretty beefy lol

It sounds beefy!! I love it! Like i said they are loud as helllllll. Great midbass response

Nice job working on the V. They can be a total pain in the ass.

How are you getting signal to the amp? Are you using a converter?

Are you planning on running a 3sixty or Bit one to clean up the signal?

I tapped into mine to just add on the DD8, but I would deffo need to add an audio processor to clean things up.

Nice job working on the V. They can be a total pain in the ass.

How are you getting signal to the amp? Are you using a converter?

Are you planning on running a 3sixty or Bit one to clean up the signal?

I tapped into mine to just add on the DD8, but I would deffo need to add an audio processor to clean things up.

I tapped into the Stock amp, im using the stock amp to power my speakers. No joke that thing is powerful! i want to clamp it! But yeah i plan on getting a 3sixty.2 or.3 depends on budget. But i was also thinking about a Audio Control LC7i. decisions decisions

Archived