2007 Volvo S40: LOOK WHAT I GOT!!! Deal of the century!

Well....i got pulled over this week.... Cop was a total asshole and actually made me cut my lights out of my car and give them too him. So, he gave me a BS ticket and gotta go to court now next month. I should have broke them over my knee cuz i gaurentee hes going to use them. It was an hour traffic stop for nothing... And he's one of those neighborhood cops who have nothing better to do than to stop people for retarded reasons.... 2nd ticket since november and that one isnt settled yet... Yes i was speeding... 32 over... Whoops. Hahaha

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

not to take the cops side ( at all!) but in certain states you cant have any red or blue lights outside the car for obvious reasons..... check your local regulations and laws....maybe you could beat the ticket and get your lights back if there isnt really a law in your state about it. i know in florida you cant have red or blue above the bumpers...but can have any other color anywhere.

looks good for sure though!!!!!

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

I wasnt sure about the rules in the first place and the guy i bought it from online claimed "legal in all 50 US states" so i thought to myself... What the hell why not? So now i have that proof going for me and alot of cop buddies said the judge is gonna let me go with a warning because we really dont take it that serious out here. So, i think ill be fine?. Anyways, they werent suppose to be on because they were faulty lights.. AGAIN. And even if they were on, i had them on the scanning green color from the night before when they became defective, so i think ill be fine but we'll see!!

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

So since i blew the Punch 75 25 to life ive been in desperate need of bass... Soooo i bought an older RF P3001. Puts out around 400 rms at 2 ohm. Good for what it is... A temp amp. Good sounding system for now!! Nothing special but ya know it'll do.

After hearing a HDC4, my mind is set

My final system will be 4 crescendo PWX's, 4 hertz HT25 tweeters, precision power (or rockford fosgate) door speaker amp, either a AQ 2200 or a crecendo 2k sub amp, SMD RCA's, XS power D3100 in the back, RF wiring. RF big 3, audioque HDC4 12 (:

OKAY got a few updates to share!!!

First of all...cleaned up some wires under the hood...Put in a new LED switch, mounted and hidden so only i know where it is and it's not gonna fall down. Got my volt meter in also! I had a perfect little spot by my foot! Its sideways but idgaf. haha. like i said i got a new amp....

WELL, i sealed off the PSi box from the trunk and its LOUDER than when i had 600+watts on it. its makes a HUGE difference!

ANDDDD, i ordered 20 sq ft of FatMAt sound deadener and will be putting it all under the carpet and on the rear deck in the trunk. So should make a bit of difference!

okay big update. I started the design process for my final trunk box plan for the AQ HDC4 im gonna be getting hopefully! If i dont do that im gonna get a PSI P3 12. i want the AQ BADDDD!

I will be bolting it to the frame/body (whatever). and the frame for the box will be made out of 2x4's and a sheet of 1/2 inch all the way up to the back of the box... then im gonna use a plexiglass screen in front of the box to show off the amps. (undecided). ALSO...im gonna use a 1 inch plexiglass sheet with red LED'S inside the box to show off the sexy magnet!!!!!! then i will make a panel to hide all the sheet. And if i get the AQ then ill put the logo on the left side of the box in the trunk... all these plans arent completely final but basically 95%... They are susceptible to change! tell what you guys think PLEASE!!

This is the re-done wiring. 100 A fuse for amps. 30 A for all the rest of components (lights, voltmeter..etc.)---> top right corner under hood

image_zps131474d8.jpg

2x4 Wood is brown

image_zpsf4a251de.jpg

Bottom

image_zps1954fec3.jpg

Like i said the MDF sheet will be on the top with matching volvo gray carpet

image_zpsf6d6681a.jpg

Final

image_zps7e53af38.jpg

image_zps8f3468f7.jpg

I FOUND SOME NEW TWINKIES :D

image_zps2b85edfa.jpg

Alright, so i got some Fatmat for really cheap and i just couldnt pass it up... I know it sucks but im doing the WHOLE trunk in fall (not just the tire well) in second skin when i do the rebuild.

Looks good. And it actually helped with ALOT of road noise. So thats good! Thats the whole reason i did it! (And to keep my exhaust heat pan from rattling from bass)

Cleaned the surface with acetone then applied the deadener

Before: lots of shit and dirt, i vaccumed it all out and prepped it

image_zps9670b24c.jpg

image_zps12014c31.jpg

I only got the 10 sq ft pack because i wanted to see how i liked it and all, and im gonna use the rest in little places in the car that have rattles and stuff

I get no feedback :( someone leave some pleeaassseee!

Oh and BTW, im putting my 4 remaining LED's in my trunk, 3 over the sub, 2 in the trunk so when i open my trunk they'll be on. :D

Hey man nice stuff good to see another young'n into car audio and being succesfull keep it up! and i was gana go with 2 fi ssd's in my build but i got a offer on those obsidian that i just couldn't turn down =P

Hey btw did you build you own box?

Archived