Second Skin Audio

need help designing a box

rambo.93

Your drawing doesn't match the port specs.

Thats true also...

This should be how you should have it

submit_zps0738d48c.jpg

edit: unless you did you hand drawing wrong and you measured from the back of the port piece to the opening of the port...

I'm somewhat confused about what you guys are saying about my drawing vs torres. i know that in the picture i wrote that the port length was 14.75 for the first section, but that was actually supposed to be just 14. but other than that I dont know what is wrong with it. and i have a Kole Audio QX1-3000d powering them. wired at 4 ohms so its more than enough power. i do realize that that amp doesnt put out rated, but that shouldnt affect the low end bass like that right? im pretty sure it has to do with my box being tuned bad.

edit: subsonic and low pass are set so that it shouldnt affect lows. also....changing those settings while a song is playing doesnt seem to change the sound at all either.

I'm somewhat confused about what you guys are saying about my drawing vs torres. i know that in the picture i wrote that the port length was 14.75 for the first section, but that was actually supposed to be just 14. but other than that I dont know what is wrong with it. and i have a Kole Audio QX1-3000d powering them. wired at 4 ohms so its more than enough power. i do realize that that amp doesnt put out rated, but that shouldnt affect the low end bass like that right? im pretty sure it has to do with my box being tuned bad.

edit: subsonic and low pass are set so that it shouldnt affect lows. also....changing those settings while a song is playing doesnt seem to change the sound at all either.

So after the turn you should still have 3.5" width (if not your port is faulty), the other thing is that your amp has a subsonic filter which is variable 15-40Hz, for now you should set it all the way down to 15Hz.

Archived