fatbelly123 Posted January 9, 2013 Report Posted January 9, 2013 I have a pioneer 3400ub radio I recently installed and I found a pair of polkmono 5 1/4 speakers. I was wondering if I could install those in the rear doors without an amplifier. If I could directly connect those to my unit ???
79Bronco Posted January 9, 2013 Report Posted January 9, 2013 Yes, although if this is going to be as difficult as you make it sound, I might have someone else do it for you Source: Parrot Asteroid Smart Processor: Digital Designs X1 Amps: Soundstream Ref 4.920 + Soundstream Ref 4.400 + Soundstream DTR 3400 Front stage: Hertz 165xl + HL 70 + HT28 Rear fill: Hertz 165xl Subs: 2 SA-12's 3-way active ftw
Pioneerchuck Posted January 9, 2013 Report Posted January 9, 2013 All you have to do is wire it to wiring harness at the back of the deck. Usually there are 4 spots for speakers on most cars/decks wiring harnesses. Something like purple, green, gray, and white and then their negative wires which have a black strip. Just find the 2 connections you aren't using, find out which is left and which is right then just run your wires and wire (-) to (-) and (+) to (+). But like Bronco said, if you're having problems figuring this out, see if you can get a friend to do it and just watch him so you can learn.
fatbelly123 Posted January 9, 2013 Author Report Posted January 9, 2013 Could I just plug them into the front output on the back of my deck?
Joe X Posted January 9, 2013 Report Posted January 9, 2013 Could I just plug them into the front output on the back of my deck? If not using an amplifier you need to connect to the speaker terminals on the power cord, here is an excerpt of your HUs manual: Those 4 female RCA terminals you see at the right are for use with an amplifier, the signal they carry is to weak to power a speaker. Hope this helps.
Pioneerchuck Posted January 10, 2013 Report Posted January 10, 2013 Joe ^ gave you a great wiring diagram you can always follow to give you an idea of what you need to do and how to do it. If you want, you can always go to YouTube and watch a How To video on how to install an aftermarket radio and then use that to teach you how to add the speakers. However, the simplest way to do what you're wanting to do is take the (+) and (-) of the 2 back speakers and in the diagram above, add them to the #5 block. That simple
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.