Sundown Audio

2013 Hifonics BRZ Line

iwannabeloud

what the fuck is even different in the new lines of amplifiers that they are releasing?

Reply: Improved D-Class driver board, 6 component value upgrades (all that was needed), larger traces on a couple critical signal paths.

new capacitor technology? LOL. the brutus series looks like its been using the same amp board for the past 6-7 years. Reply: Are you saying you have already seen the new pcb? If you are refering to the older models only, there are actually many differances in the boards but in general, all boards are very similar at a glance. Have you removed the transistor brackets or measured the component values? There are many changes over the years.

it seems like all they do now is add more blue lights and retarded audiobahn-esque chrome shit that does literally nothing but make the amp look more stupid.

Reply: Some people will like the new additional blue illumination and some will not. Our bet is that more people will.

how come this company cant focus on making one GOOD product, instead of 5 different ones that are almost identical to the line up that is already out? Reply: We have many different series for many differant markets, distribution routes and applications. Some are RMS rated and some are not. I'm not sure why this bothers you when most companies have several series. I think we are all glad that companies make several models to choose from...you know, like cars, TV's, shoes, receivers, head units... They will not all be like you want for your own personal preference but we hope to have one that is. If you are looking for all out performance to compare to nearly any amp available, please look to the Mt. Olympus series. Again, I'm not sure why this bothers you.

WHY does a company need to make 4 fucking different amplifiers that all are rated for 2000w,

Reply: See reply above but to expand a bit, it has to do with sales, marketing and being a globally succesfull company.

or what have you? that is STUPID. its POINTLESS. you can take the money and time wasted on making and retooling all these "new" amps, and put it towards one single product that you can make bulletproof. how smart is that? very. but no, it just doesn't make sense to some people.

Reply: I'm sorry our success is confusing to you but we started with a bankrupt company 10 years ago and turned it into one of the most successfull car audio brands in the world during a time when car has has diminished nearly 50% and 95% of all other car audio companies have lost sales from 30% to 100%. I find it unreasonable that you are arguing with success.

maxxsonics needs to have balls and step it up a notch for fucks sake. stop messing around with all these bull shit design "features" and do something that actually makes a difference in the performance of your amplifiers.

Reply: What improvements do you suggest we make to the Mt. Olympus amplifiers? Is the performance of these amplifiers not up to your requirements? If not, how so? Do you have any experience with them or are you just making a blanket statement? For Brutus, ok, you don't like the cosmetics so what part of the amplifier do you think needs improvement (please be specific and I will address them specifically)?

Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinions / questions and know that they have not fallen on deff ears.

I usually don't reply to posts that take stabs in the dark at issues with our products but you seem to really be emotional about our products so lets try to resolve some of them as well as answer some of your questions above.

I willalso assume you are not just a hater and actually wanted answers to your questions.

My replies are in bold and under lined about in the body of your question.

John

my opinion.

Kranny why do you continue to troll this thread but not respond to ALL of the points maxxsonics owned you on

People have clamped them at slightly above rated power.

with dirty signal.. i owned a few hifonics and after tuning i wasnt getting loud anymore.. i was hitting maybe 120 dbs

still if i see a build i wont judge, everyone has a preference.

Wow, more then a few things have changed around here....LOL

I expected a bit more professionalism and not so much unsubstantiated bantering but, as a manufacturer, I have heard it before and I'm sure there are a few veterans still on here that have seen these kinds of posts come and go before.

I'm not going to run away and hide, we are not some big conglomerate corporation that looks down our noses at our customers.

We are just a small company with a handful car audio guys and girls (all 21 of us) that like music and like making amplifiers, speakers and subwoofers for others that like the same thing.

It's a great job and we have a lot of fun. Those that have been here during our factory held car audio events can tell you themselves.

Our refrigerator is usually filled with beer, the freezer has vodka, tequilla and some other kind of homemede booze of some sort.

There is music playing from peoples desks, the work atmosphere is relaxed and everyone likes doing what they do.

You don't see a suit and tie unless it's a salesmen trying to selll us tape and pallets.

We are however, knowledgable and professional about running our company.

We have acquired 4 brands (Crunch, Autotek, Hifonics and MBquart) that have been around for a very long time.

Each of the brands at one time or another was considered a premiere brand in their particular market and, like what has happened with a lot of older companies, they lost focus on the changing market, the distribution and consumer requirements for today's market. Each of them (clinging to the "old school" methods) had failed and either bankrupted or was bought and sold many times.

All 4 brands are doing really well, the company is growing at a very fast pace, we are employing people, providing insurance, 401K programs and surpassing our competition in a time when most companies are not doing to well.

I'm not hear as a salesman asking you to like us or support our products.

I'm hear because like many forums, people have serious questions about our products and appreciate honest answers, some offer information that may or may not be correct and requires validation and from time to time, inject a little factual information when needed.

Every forum has a handfull of guys that seem to know everything there is to know. They suggest their information is factual (simply because they said so or heard from another) as though they have a first hand account but would when tested, prefer to bully others when confronted with facts based on experience and knowledge.

It's so much easier to paint with broad strokes then articulate the finer details which is typical and we have all seen it before a million times.

I am easily accessable if you have questions or comments regarding our products.

If you want the truth, if you want the facts, if you just want to bust my balls for the hell of it...that's ok. Just be specific and allow me the opportunity to reply.

I'm looking forward to going home to my 3 year old son each night, watching the Super Bowl while having a beer with friends and helping the neighborhood kids with there car audio systems in the summer time.

Very well said John,I definitely like the idea of having the beer,vodka,etc at work and the fact that you work in a laid back work enviroment. If more companies would operate like that then there would be a lot more happy employees out there,I bet it's a blast to work there. I'm not trying to bash the companies products but just stating the fact that I'm not using them because I didn't necessarily have a certain budget to go on with this upcoming build but if I was then I would've been looking at the Hifonics products for sure. I know they've been around forever and it's great that Maxxsonics is bringing a bankrupt company back from the dead. As far as the MB Quart products goes I think they've always been garbage. I had some high priced MB's back in the 90's and had nothing but problems with them even being installed my an authorized dealer running off a Phoenix Gold ZX450.4,biggest problem was they would always cut out on high volumes and that drove me crazy

Very well said John,I definitely like the idea of having the beer,vodka,etc at work and the fact that you work in a laid back work enviroment. If more companies would operate like that then there would be a lot more happy employees out there,I bet it's a blast to work there. I'm not trying to bash the companies products but just stating the fact that I'm not using them because I didn't necessarily have a certain budget to go on with this upcoming build but if I was then I would've been looking at the Hifonics products for sure. I know they've been around forever and it's great that Maxxsonics is bringing a bankrupt company back from the dead. As far as the MB Quart products goes I think they've always been garbage. I had some high priced MB's back in the 90's and had nothing but problems with them even being installed my an authorized dealer running off a Phoenix Gold ZX450.4,biggest problem was they would always cut out on high volumes and that drove me crazy

Thanks for the honesty....it's appreciated.

I agree what you said about MBQ...they went BK 4 or 5 times for a reason.

I hope you get a chance to look at the new 2013 products just introduced at CES...everything is brand new and probably the best performing products in the last 20 years.

John

Thanks for the honesty....it's appreciated.

I agree what you said about MBQ...they went BK 4 or 5 times for a reason.

I hope you get a chance to look at the new 2013 products just introduced at CES...everything is brand new and probably the best performing products in the last 20 years.

John

No problem,I have looked at the new product lines and they're not bad. I'm not big on the LED's on car audio equipment but for other car accessories such as headlight,tail lights,etc. then yes. I have some friends that are more into the budget builds and are wanting me to help buy and install their equipment so I will push the Hifonics to them,I mean if you're on a low budget for a build then you would be stupid not to at least try them out for those prices.

Archived