Sundown Audio

2013 Hifonics BRZ Line

iwannabeloud

I had a brz2100 & it never did me wrong..

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Wiring; 2 runs of 2/0 OFC & Big 3.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

The only issue I have with maxxsonics is quality control. I've had 3 amps from them brand new in box dead on arrival.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

i didnt buy the amp for my cousin n8, and i sure as hell wasnt going out to go buy one just for his application.

in my application i had no problem sliding it onto 3/4" mdf so the wire didnt bend.

also im not entirely sure why people are hating on the BXI, BRZ and now BRX lines.

hating on an amp before its even released, thats classic.

i bet if the case said something other than hifonics, this thread wouldnt be 3 pages long.

im actually surprised no one has even tried (that i know of) putting 10k worth of BRZ, BXI or future BRX lines together. even just for a piece of shit build.

gain match two strapped pairs of brz2400.1s and you will have around 10k. dirty power, or power hungry amps or not, you'll still have 7-8k clean for around $1k.

add in a dd1, and cc1 and you'd be set.

most of the hate that ive noticed on this forum, is toward company owners only, not their products, just their personal problem with their CS, or the company owner.

either way i dont really care, i run skar audio so people would shut the fuck up about me running my brz amp. since skar audio is a vendor on the site, you cant trash their company (or not supposed to anyways). since then people have gotten really quiet about talking crap about my equipment.

everyone on this board stresses the "dont judge a book by its cover" view. but when a new line of something not sundown, dc, fi/aa, dd, etc. comes out, they are quick to judge that the product is trash.

now n8, we have went back and forth on this hifonics topic a few times, and the only crutch you ever had on me is that you had experience with the amp i was using.

now, unfortunately, you have no experience with the new BRX lineup (as far as i know you havent personally came into contact with the amp), and neither do i.

so why are you quick to bash something when its right out of the gate?

i like you as a person n8, but doesnt this sound stupid to not even give something a chance? im not saying back this product or that its going to be amazing, but dont just jump it right out of the gate with 0% testing or results.

either way, i dont care.. hifonics is known to be power hungry and put out dirty power unless tuned with a dd1. its also proven to do rated (without efficiency factored in).

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

what the fuck is even different in the new lines of amplifiers that they are releasing? new capacitor technology? LOL. the brutus series looks like its been using the same amp board for the past 6-7 years. it seems like all they do now is add more blue lights and retarded audiobahn-esque chrome shit that does literally nothing but make the amp look more stupid.

how come this company cant focus on making one GOOD product, instead of 5 different ones that are almost identical to the line up that is already out?

WHY does a company need to make 4 fucking different amplifiers that all are rated for 2000w, or what have you? that is STUPID. its POINTLESS. you can take the money and time wasted on making and retooling all these "new" amps, and put it towards one single product that you can make bulletproof. how smart is that? very. but no, it just doesn't make sense to some people.

maxxsonics needs to have balls and step it up a notch for fucks sake. stop messing around with all these bull shit design "features" and do something that actually makes a difference in the performance of your amplifiers.

my opinion.

you can dick ride these amps all you want sheena they will be the same thing. An amp that is rated at 14 plus volts and will never do rated in the application people buy them for. People buy them because they are cheap. I used to recommend them because they were cheap. My problem with these is that they are living on a name created years ago when they put out a good product. How many of you knew that MB Quart was at one time one of the most expensive brands you could come across. MbQuart Q series components were one of hte best sets to ever hit the market. Now its a shell of what it was. Same thing with Soundstream. I used to recommend these amps for budget installs. Back in like 05. Now you've got a handful of amp lines that you have to figure out which one is good and which one is preying on an uneducated consumer who doesnt grasp that 2000 watts for 100 bucks isnt realistic. You know who else does that? boss pyramid etc.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I've ran the brutus elite line since 2011 have had zero problems. 400.2, 1600.1, 2500.1, and some. Like em. No chrome, all black, just blue hifonics logo. My btls seem to love the 2500, plan to strap 2 together @ 2ohm. See how that goes. But the new brx line, don't digg the led terminals, but we'll see how that goes when they're out

oh now before anyone gets their panties in a twist. If you want to run them go for it. If you think you are getting rated good for you. There will never be one in any of my rides. nor will I recommend them again.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

you can dick ride these amps all you want sheena they will be the same thing. An amp that is rated at 14 plus volts and will never do rated in the application people buy them for. People buy them because they are cheap. I used to recommend them because they were cheap. My problem with these is that they are living on a name created years ago when they put out a good product. How many of you knew that MB Quart was at one time one of the most expensive brands you could come across. MbQuart Q series components were one of hte best sets to ever hit the market. Now its a shell of what it was. Same thing with Soundstream. I used to recommend these amps for budget installs. Back in like 05. Now you've got a handful of amp lines that you have to figure out which one is good and which one is preying on an uneducated consumer who doesnt grasp that 2000 watts for 100 bucks isnt realistic. You know who else does that? boss pyramid etc.

im not dick riding, im just saying, you cant just say something is shit because of the past or whatever the fuck. companies change, its obvious.

i wasnt around for the era of maxxsonics or mb quart or whatever. and i dont really care, the past was the past. whos to say that the technology didnt stay the same? we just changed and better was created, new tools, new testing technology, and then we realized that hifonics wasnt as good as aa/fi, dc, dd, etc.

if kranny can say theyve been using the same board for 7 years, whos to say they havent used other components longer?

i cant find any gut shots of a Hifonics XX-Maxximus on google to compare to todays boards.

but im willing to bet that its the same company, just obviously theres a lotttttt better now.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

ok you win.

HIFONICS FTMFW

Is that how everyone says it now a days?

Im not going to sit here and argue wiht you about it. buy whatever you want recommend what you want. I dont care.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

was hifonics part of maxxsonics back when hifonics made good shit? I have no idea. but it seems like all maxxsonics does is buy a company and make it shitty. guarantee there are a few people working there that think they make crap equipment. autotek used to be fantastic. mb quart used to be fantastic. hifonics used to be fantastic. can't speak for crunch, but yeah. but now look what happened

Archived