horsepower estimate on 5.3l ls engine

I recomend a isky triple 12 cam with a blackbear tune and a 3000 circle d stall

That's a tiny cam, and is preferred for forced induction applications.

I would go with a custom grind cam, if you plan on going that route. It's not very much more than an off-the-shelf cam.

Also, don't get a mail-order tune. Do it right, and get a custom dyno tune.

2 HDC3 18's

AQ2200D

No ECU tune will be needed on a NON EFI motor, since there wont be an ECU, so throw Black Bear out. Engine is good for a solid 300 in my opinion. I'd get my power out of valve train if I were you, and breathing mods, air in, air out.

Why go with a turbo 400?!?!? You're wasting all that torque in my opinion. A 4L60E has a MUCH lower first gear ratio, like 3.5:1. You'll holeshot like a motherfucker with a 700R4 or 4L60E. That's just my opinion. What rear end and gear ratio will you be running?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Blackbear is a great tune. I'm very happy with it on my 4.8. . Made a huge differance

Now go get a real dyno tune, and you can tell us how much better it is than your current tune... lol

If it was a track vehicle I would have but its a daily/work truck. No need for that. Which is why I went with the isky 12 can. Everything is mild

No ECU tune will be needed on a NON EFI motor, since there wont be an ECU, so throw Black Bear out. Engine is good for a solid 300 in my opinion. I'd get my power out of valve train if I were you, and breathing mods, air in, air out.

Why go with a turbo 400?!?!? You're wasting all that torque in my opinion. A 4L60E has a MUCH lower first gear ratio, like 3.5:1. You'll holeshot like a motherfucker with a 700R4 or 4L60E. That's just my opinion. What rear end and gear ratio will you be running?

You liked your own post.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived