Second Skin Audio

rear deck port?

locomanny569

ok i have a 2003 cadillac DTS so my rear seats dont fold down (not kool) right now i have it rear firing at 32 Hz so i was thinking building some thing new that would fire upward in the rear deck, where my 10" mid rage speaker is now so i have room for a big port. would you do it? what would u recommend would it sound like shyt? would i lose or gain?

My build

http://www.stevemead...20#entry2018495

Car: 2003 Cadillac DTS

(1) Hifonics Brutus BRZ2400.1

(1)Hifonics Zrx600.4

(1) 1000 watt crunch amp

(1)200 watt boss amp

(2) Pyramid TW46

(4) Infinity Kappa 60.9cs

(1) EV 10 inch

(2) XSpower 1200

(4) Pyramid TW18

box tuned at 32 Hz

(2) DC level 3

and P.S ill be using 2 12" DC XLs

My build

(1)Hifonics Zrx600.4

(1) 1000 watt crunch amp

(1)200 watt boss amp

(2) Pyramid TW46

(1) EV 10 inch

(2) XSpower 1200

(4) Pyramid TW18

box tuned at 32 Hz

(2) DC level 3

It's worth a shot. But of course no one can tell you if it's gonna sound like shit lol. It's gonna take trial and error until it sounds good to YOU. That's what really matters. My buddy wanted me to do the same thing in his Caddy, but funds fell short and we haven't started anything yet. But if you can get the box displacement right and the right tuning with an aero port, I'd definitely do an 8" aero through that hole, then just to a baffle/trim ring around the stem of the aero to secure it to the deck. Don't you thing 23hz is a little low though for tuning?

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

4th order I assume? I was going deck port mine but here's why I didn't

1. If your trying to run a fairly large box it's hard to fit it under where you want to port it

2. If your box is tall enough to the point that its right up under the rear tray then you won't have enough length for a fully external port and will need to take up a large amount of internal airspace to accommodate more port which will make the box bigger.

3. If you have to cut the rear deck at all your compromising the structural integrity of your car

now the upside is, if you can manage it and get a properly sized box with the right amount of port in that configuration it looks sweet because your sub stage will be very low profile seeing as you can keep your seats up inside the car, as for gains in DBs, it obviously varies depending on the setup

1. If your trying to run a fairly large box it's hard to fit it under where you want to port it

2. If your box is tall enough to the point that its right up under the rear tray then you won't have enough length for a fully external port and will need to take up a large amount of internal airspace to accommodate more port which will make the box bigger.

3. If you have to cut the rear deck at all your compromising the structural integrity of your car

now the upside is, if you can manage it and get a properly sized box with the right amount of port in that configuration it looks sweet because your sub stage will be very low profile seeing as you can keep your seats up inside the car, as for gains in DBs, it obviously varies depending on the setup

For this reason I would not do it.

It's worth a shot. But of course no one can tell you if it's gonna sound like shit lol. It's gonna take trial and error until it sounds good to YOU. That's what really matters. My buddy wanted me to do the same thing in his Caddy, but funds fell short and we haven't started anything yet. But if you can get the box displacement right and the right tuning with an aero port, I'd definitely do an 8" aero through that hole, then just to a baffle/trim ring around the stem of the aero to secure it to the deck. Don't you thing 23hz is a little low though for tuning?

and yhea 23 Hx is low i ment 32 hz will fix

My build

(1)Hifonics Zrx600.4

(1) 1000 watt crunch amp

(1)200 watt boss amp

(2) Pyramid TW46

(1) EV 10 inch

(2) XSpower 1200

(4) Pyramid TW18

box tuned at 32 Hz

(2) DC level 3

thanks for your help and yhea i noticed that i kinda have to put the port onto the box while the box being in the car if i want it to work with the size and their is no room almost nothing it will be a pain more then any thing also i have herd of car falling apart well kinda after cut the rear deck myth or not i dont wanna risk it

My build

(1)Hifonics Zrx600.4

(1) 1000 watt crunch amp

(1)200 watt boss amp

(2) Pyramid TW46

(1) EV 10 inch

(2) XSpower 1200

(4) Pyramid TW18

box tuned at 32 Hz

(2) DC level 3

thanks for your help and yhea i noticed that i kinda have to put the port onto the box while the box being in the car if i want it to work with the size and their is no room almost nothing it will be a pain more then any thing also i have herd of car falling apart well kinda after cut the rear deck myth or not i dont wanna risk it

Yea for low power smaller builds you can manage a deck port...for builds where your trying to get loud and have a large box and multiple subs it's just too complicated most of the times....I'd consider either what I did and build a 4th order with a forward firing port and seal it off from the trunk, or do a forward firing ported box sealed from the trunk

Yea for low power smaller builds you can manage a deck port...for builds where your trying to get loud and have a large box and multiple subs it's just too complicated most of the times....I'd consider either what I did and build a 4th order with a forward firing port and seal it off from the trunk, or do a forward firing ported box sealed from the trunk

i cant my seats dont go down or am i miss understanding you?

My build

(1)Hifonics Zrx600.4

(1) 1000 watt crunch amp

(1)200 watt boss amp

(2) Pyramid TW46

(1) EV 10 inch

(2) XSpower 1200

(4) Pyramid TW18

box tuned at 32 Hz

(2) DC level 3

i cant my seats dont go down or am i miss understanding you?

Ahh I didn't realize your seats don't go down...Thats kind of a bummer, do you have a middle armrest that folds?

Archived