turning car audio to home audio

this may be a dumb question but how easy would it be to turn a car audio amp and sub into a serious home audio sub? or to turn a car audio sub into a bass cabinet for a bass guitar?

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

You can use a car audio sub for home, but I would recommend getting a plate amp for the sub.

Bass cabinet I have no clue about, so can't help you there.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

It is really easy, the only thing though is using a car amp in the house can be very unstable. The cheapest route is to use a computer power supply but with that method you have to make sure that you have a high efficiency rating so that it will produce most of the power it claims without any worry. You also have to match or have excess amps than what your amp will draw. In home audio 150 watts rms is completely different than in the a car.

team%20xplicit%20smd_zpswfo6ysdv.jpg

idk if I wanna use a pair of 1kW RMS sub to it's full potential in a home... lol but thanks I will keep that in mind for later ;-)

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

so your saying i can use my 2 level 4's for my home sound system like when watching movies? haha

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

Keep in mind that when you make an enclosure for a house, if you want it to have a flat response in room the box size is going to be 2-3 times what you would do in a car. I'm currently running a cheapy boston acoustics subwoofer in a 15.5 cubic foot box on 250 watts and its silly loud. Like, to the point where everything in house shakes. Its tuned to 20 hz using WINISD. You dont have cabin gain like you do in a car, but the larger box actually makes the speaker more efficent. Dont forget fiber fill, or angle the box sides, or you'll get cancellation at high volumes.

Want my opinion?

amplifed signals to speakers are a/c voltage.

Seems wastefull and inneficient to me to turn A/C volts to D/C volts to A/C volts.

i.e, wall outlet to DC powersupply, power an amp, then turn that back into A/C to your speakers.

Archived